The full NCAA report on USC

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: The full NCAA report on USC

Post by BoiseBYU »

So does SC forfeit its win over BYU at Provo?

redneckjedi
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by redneckjedi »

BoiseBYU wrote:So does SC forfeit its win over BYU at Provo?
Unfortunately, no. That game occurred on Sept. 18, 2004, which is before the window in which they forfeit wins. The window starts in December 2004 and ends after Reggie Bush's eligibility was up after the January 4, 2006, Rose Bowl.

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

Accounts I have read of the report said that Pete Carroll is not mentioned in the report anywhere, so that is why no personal sanctions against him. So he is free to return to the NCAA anytime he wants.

blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by blue42 »

craigoscarson wrote:The one person that needs to pay the piper that won't is Pete Caroll. I wish the NCAA would give him a 20 year ban on college coaching. and I wish that they would make that a habit. Trust me if the coaches thought that those kinds of misdeeds would cost them their careers, they'd make sure that they didn't happen. Put that in play and college footbal gets much cleaner.
Mike Garrett will not survive this, Todd McNair will not survive this and there will be other USC coaches that get out soon. 2 years is an eternity and USC''s balls have been snipped.
I agree with you here, there needed to be some kind of coaching ban for Slick Pete but he gets away with it. I am still surprised that Mike Garrett still has his job seeing all of this happened on his watch. I guess the thing that still irritates me is how USC still feels they shouldn't be held accountable for any of this and are going through with the appeal. Granted that may only be a formality on their part to appease their boosters and supporters, but in addition to that they are really putting on the aires of we shouldn't be punished for any of this.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

At some point, in order for these coaches and ADs to start taking this seriously, something has got to stick to them. Half the time when a school gets slapped with sanctions they just bolt (or just before they get slapped with sanctions a la slippery pete). I think they should make a rule that they can't coach for 3-5 years if they get caught cheating. Go after their livelihood.