Unga Story Might Not Be Over

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Unga Story Might Not Be Over

Post by Schmoe »

Ddawg wrote:
Mars wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
Mars wrote: I was told that Harvey and his girlfriend decided to temporarily leave school after receiving advice in a meeting with their BYU ward bishop about getting married.
Who told you that? Was it a rock that you found that talks to you?
Was Harvey engaged to a rock? :lol:

Ouch!!!!!
;)
http://www.nuttymp3.com/mp3/642088

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

33311710 wrote:
snoscythe wrote:NOTE--if you don't believe something without a substantiating link, stop reading here--I don't have a corroborating source...yet.

I was talking to a friend who plays at USU but who does conditioning etc work with several BYU guys and was in town this morning for the Memorial Day weekend to visit family. According to him, Harvey got word on Friday that the door is still open to let him come back. Considering the less-than-official announcements that Harvey couldn't get back, I wonder if there isn't still a possibility that Harvey returns?
Sno...we're all just getting over our "mourning" period, and then you have to go pour salt into the wound! Just let us all assume he's gone until/unless we see him standing in the backfield on opening day.
I was just passing on what I heard from someone who has been right in the past. Personally (as I think I have made abundantly clear in other threads) I think, giving the situation, its best for BYU and Harvey long-term if it stands as it is now. Unga coming back at this juncture would undermine too many things to have much benefit outside of football--not a worthwhile barter in my book.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

I'm not sure how "solid as a rock" distracts from the idea that we might be building houses ilegally in Iraq.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BlueIsBetter wrote:I'm not sure how "solid as a rock" distracts from the idea that we might be building houses ilegally in Iraq.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Fine, but rock sinks boat.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

jonnylingo wrote:
Mars wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:I would imagine the doors says "To enter this door you must marry her!"
I was told that Harvey and his girlfriend decided to temporarily leave school after receiving advice in a meeting with their BYU ward bishop about getting married.
"Unga revealed that his fiancee, former BYU women's basketball player Keilani Moeaki, gave birth to his son on the 4th of July in the Chicago area. Jackson Unga is named after his grandfather and weighed in at seven pounds and nine ounces. Unga said he and Moeaki, whom he was engaged to marry last year before those plans were broken off, will get married later this month, probably in her hometown." http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byus ... s.html.csp

"He and Moeaki could be married as early as next week." http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... cid=rss-28

" She is my fiancé. I'm looking forward to raising my son." Unga said now that all the drama is over, being a father is his present life. "By far, worth it. For those of you who have children, obviously it is one of the most special experiences you can have," he said. "Gratefully, he's healthy, she is healthy, and it's an exciting time." " http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... .html?pg=2

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

Mars wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
Mars wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:I would imagine the doors says "To enter this door you must marry her!"
I was told that Harvey and his girlfriend decided to temporarily leave school after receiving advice in a meeting with their BYU ward bishop about getting married.
"Unga revealed that his fiancee, former BYU women's basketball player Keilani Moeaki, gave birth to his son on the 4th of July in the Chicago area. Jackson Unga is named after his grandfather and weighed in at seven pounds and nine ounces. Unga said he and Moeaki, whom he was engaged to marry last year before those plans were broken off, will get married later this month, probably in her hometown." http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byus ... s.html.csp

"He and Moeaki could be married as early as next week." http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... cid=rss-28

" She is my fiancé. I'm looking forward to raising my son." Unga said now that all the drama is over, being a father is his present life. "By far, worth it. For those of you who have children, obviously it is one of the most special experiences you can have," he said. "Gratefully, he's healthy, she is healthy, and it's an exciting time." " http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... .html?pg=2
I had heard this from a couple of sources but nothing terribly reputable. Thanks for posting.

Loyal Strong True
CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

well, I guess that likely answers the question of which honor code rule he broke probably not a Starbucks latte .

I hope the marriage works, not exactly how you want to start things off.

tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

any more news about the supplemental draft?

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Florwood »

tmoney35 wrote:any more news about the supplemental draft?
It takes place next Thursday, the 15th. Till then, probably just typical pre-draft rumors...

MTM
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU is my rival

Post by MTM »

snoscythe wrote:NOTE--if you don't believe something without a substantiating link, stop reading here--I don't have a corroborating source...yet.

I was talking to a friend who plays at USU but who does conditioning etc work with several BYU guys and was in town this morning for the Memorial Day weekend to visit family. According to him, Harvey got word on Friday that the door is still open to let him come back. Considering the less-than-official announcements that Harvey couldn't get back, I wonder if there isn't still a possibility that Harvey returns?
I've heard quotes from Harvey's agent. I would think if he's hired an agent his college career is over, no?