Manase Tonga to sign as FA with Oakland

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Manase Tonga to sign as FA with Oakland

Post by hawkwing »

gmj81 wrote:http://deepshadesofblue.com/tonga-talks ... ders-camp/

Things are looking good for Manase. Here's hoping that the Raiders become the next bay-area LDS fan's team of choice. With three former Cougars hoping to make the roster, they could rival all other NFL teams. The Ravens have a bunch of LDS players (Beck, Pitta, Kruger, Ngata, Heap) but only two former Cougars (Beck, Pitta). The Panthers could have two with Fransisco and George. I can't really think of any other teams with more than a couple LDS players or more than one former Cougar.
Francisco is with the Panthers now? What happened to Indy?

tmoney35
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by tmoney35 »

Has Watkins played any minutes in Oakland? I seem remember reading that he was on the practice squad his first year and I basically forgot about him after that. Anyone know what his situation in Oakland is?

Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

tmoney35 wrote:Has Watkins played any minutes in Oakland? I seem remember reading that he was on the practice squad his first year and I basically forgot about him after that. Anyone know what his situation in Oakland is?
I remember seeing him a lot in the preseason at WR and on kickoff coverage last season. He's probably still stuck in the same situation if he hasn't been cut this year. I think the rule is you can only be practice squad for 3 years.