Unga wants to come back!!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Unga wants to come back!!

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote:In following the draft today, I spoke with a friend who I haven't talked to for a long time who is a friend of the Unga family (i.e. take this with a grain of salt), but he said that before Harvey made the decision he verified with his bishop that getting his ecclesiastical endorsement reinstated by Fall was a viable option.

Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, just means I might have been wrong in saying there is no way he gets his EE back in time.

Just some fodder for the rampant speculation.
Damnit "Sno" - I thought you were infallible!!!! Ah well .... a minor blip. It's all good!!!!
8) 8) 8)

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

Ddawg wrote:Damnit "Sno" - I thought you were infallible!!!! Ah well .... a minor blip. It's all good!!!!
8) 8) 8)
There was one thing in Sno's life that he thought he had done wrong, but he realized he was mistaken about that. :whistle:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

urroner wrote:
Ddawg wrote:Damnit "Sno" - I thought you were infallible!!!! Ah well .... a minor blip. It's all good!!!!
8) 8) 8)
There was one thing in Sno's life that he thought he had done wrong, but he realized he was mistaken about that. :whistle:

Ha-ha-ha!!! It's so true. I keep a picture of "Sno" on my dashboard - when I run into a challenging situation I ask myself . "What would Sno do??" I always make the right decision following that program - it's magic!!!!!
8)

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

Ddawg wrote:
urroner wrote:
8) 8) 8)

Ha-ha-ha!!! It's so true. I keep a picture of "Sno" on my dashboard - when I run into a challenging situation I ask myself . "What would Sno do??" I always make the right decision following that program - it's magic!!!!!
8)
That sounds like what my 14 y/o told me the other day on the phone. At the end of the conversation, I said "Steven, I love you."

"Well, of course you do."

"Excuse me, what did you mean by that?"

"Dad, I know you love me, everybody loves me."

:sulk: :sulk: :sulk: :sulk: :sulk: :gross: :gross: :lol: :lol:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Still hoping for good news this summer. I think we will have no information till the end of Aug.
:sulk:

GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

Okay, so here's a pertinent question NOT relating to anyone's moral or ecclesiastic standing:

If a veteran player has withdrawn from school for summer semester, is he allowed to practice with the team before the fall semester officially starts???

If Harvey can't practice before August 30 (and I have no idea if that's the case or not), Harvey would have exactly 5 practices before the first game. While he would be the most experienced returning player, I wonder if that wouldn't affect team chemistry at least slightly, to say nothing of giving Harvey time to get to know the styles/tendencies of all of the new players, not the least of which being the one who'll hand him the ball. I have no doubts Harvey would be able to catch up quickly, but I'm willing to bet it's his new team mates getting used to his presence as much as him getting used to theirs. Blocking schemes, for example, will change with or without him, both for his position and by his position. And I think it's VERY safe to say that playcalling will be VASTLY different with or without him.

Any insights on when Harvey would be able to start practice?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Harvey is currently not a student at BYU. I can't imagine him being allowed to practice with BYU. He would likley not be able to practice until the semseter starts.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

kitic77 wrote:Harvey is currently not a student at BYU. I can't imagine him being allowed to practice with BYU. He would likley not be able to practice until the semseter starts.
But he could still participate in the "open" workouts.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Oh my. Can you imagine what Harvey's year will look like if he makes it back. He will be a human wrecking ball. He will be so hungry and grateful to be out there that it is going to be his freshman year all over again but better.

Mark it down. If Harvey makes it back, he is going to have his best year. The only thing stopping him would be injury which may be more likely if he is not able to practice as much as he normally would given his situation? I hope he makes it back. I am planning on it. I think its is more likely than not.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

jonnylingo wrote: If Harvey makes it back, he is going to have his best year... I hope he makes it back. I am planning on it. I think its is more likely than not.
Mark me down in this group as well. I don't see what more he could have done by this point. I would put the odds at "better than not" that he plays at some point in 2010.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars