Harvey Langi????

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hello2trouble
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Harvey Langi????

Post by hello2trouble »

Ddawg wrote:Saw an article on Scout.com about Harvey Langi. It sez he has 3 favorite schools. Anybidy read the article - or have any "inside scoop". I know there are people on this site that are "hooked up" w/ info. & it's not me!!!!

I think Harvey would be a MONSTER commit!! IMHO.

Thx ......
8)
Just chatted with Harv. He said, “My top three schools are BYU, Stanford and UCLA,” and among those three, there's one that he is leaning towards.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

You mean you just read Jay Drew's blog about this? And he would not say who #1 was, but that he was comfortable with BYU and all his friends and family want him to go there?

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p ... &tb=1&pb=1

craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by craigoscarson »

Lawboy wrote:You mean you just read Jay Drew's blog about this? And he would not say who #1 was, but that he was comfortable with BYU and all his friends and family want him to go there?

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p ... &tb=1&pb=1
How do you pass up playing with your lifelong friends, playing in front of the entire Bingham family that has supposrted you for years, and your family?

I have a hard time believing that he wont' be a Coug unless he's a complete knucklehead...

If you need an idea of what happened to the last poly rb to go to the pac 10, look no further than Stanley Havili, who had a total of 60 or so carries in his entire career and became a glorified 3rd down back and fullback. He ended up with less than 400 yards rushing in his career, didn't serve a mission, etc. etc. etc.

Havili was the last 4 star back that BYU really coveted and personally I think the kid made a huge mistake; ...sure his Trojans won a lot of games (BYU won a lot in that same time span) but he was a near throwaway as a tailback... the position he was recruited as.

I kind of get the Stanford thing, as they showed with Gerheart that they like to run the ball, but Stanford is one of the most up and down programs in the country and we all know that Harbaugh is not going to stick around... he's out the moment the NFL or Michigan/etc. come a calling.
Last edited by craigoscarson on Wed May 05, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

craigoscarson wrote: If you need an idea of what happened to the last poly rb to go to the pac 10, look no further than Stanley Havili, who had a total of 60 or so carries in his entire career and became a glorified 3rd down back and fullback. He ended up with less than 400 yards rushing in his career, didn't serve a mission, etc. etc. etc.

AND WAS NOT DRAFTED
Havili is is a senior this year at USC, and just participated in their spring game. Had a monster game, it seems, too. That kid will get drafted, unless he blows out a knee or ankle this year.

http://www.collegefantasyfootballinside ... an-defense

BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

Lawboy wrote:
craigoscarson wrote: If you need an idea of what happened to the last poly rb to go to the pac 10, look no further than Stanley Havili, who had a total of 60 or so carries in his entire career and became a glorified 3rd down back and fullback. He ended up with less than 400 yards rushing in his career, didn't serve a mission, etc. etc. etc.

AND WAS NOT DRAFTED
Havili is is a senior this year at USC, and just participated in their spring game. Had a monster game, it seems, too. That kid will get drafted, unless he blows out a knee or ankle this year.

http://www.collegefantasyfootballinside ... an-defense
USC stock is falling ... fast. They could turn things around and have a great season but I wouldn't put money on it. I don't think Havili is any kind of lock to get drafted and if USC suffers this year he'll have to have a monster year to get noticed.

Loyal Strong True
Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

I do not see it that way. They still have about 4 years of Pete Carroll recruits in there, so it might take a little while for the snot nosed kid to blow it. With his dad coaching the D, they will be solid there. The talent is there for sure. Just check the recruiting classes from 2006 til now.

Only thing to get USC off the rails will be an NCAA violation that affects their recruiting. A really bad year at USC is 4 losses, and that was with a true freshman QB. I do not see that again this year. They will be really good, in spite of the HC.

And I am no USC fan.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

Havili is no faster than Unga and the NFL was telling Harvey he needed to work on his speed. Also, Havili is nowhere near the blocker of that Tonga is and Tonga didn't get drafted as a FB. The USC factor may get Stanley some draft money but I wouldn't bet on it. I also think that the USC years of dominance are over and without a double digit win season, the NFL will start looking less heavily at SC for their talent.

BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

gmj81 wrote:Havili is no faster than Unga and the NFL was telling Harvey he needed to work on his speed. Also, Havili is nowhere near the blocker of that Tonga is and Tonga didn't get drafted as a FB. The USC factor may get Stanley some draft money but I wouldn't bet on it. I also think that the USC years of dominance are over and without a double digit win season, the NFL will start looking less heavily at SC for their talent.
Agreed. The Pac-10 was way down last year (and just plain down the year before) and USC was down in the Pac-10 last year. I don't see that changing this year with a rookie/slimeball HC. Stanford is intriguing and is hard to argue against (except for the being part of the Pac-0) but I still see this as a BYU slam dunk.

Loyal Strong True
cscoug
BLUEshirt

Post by cscoug »

Is somebody posting under the alibi they previously swore off?

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

cscoug wrote:Is somebody posting under the alibi they previously swore off?
Previous alibi?? Who???
:bug: