UNM's Steve Alford- Anyone else notice this?

BYU Cougars on the court.
Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: UNM's Steve Alford- Anyone else notice this?

Post by Short_Change »

Gunk wrote:
jmvcougar wrote:Ah I see... Well yeah I'd have to agree with you on that. I noticed that JT almost got in a fight with one of the lobo player closer to the end of the game, I wondered if it had something to do with that. I also really believe as a coach you don't ever take that route. These guys are still kids and they'll do and say annoying things. I don't think ever as a coach no matter how provoked you get you should stoop to one of the player's level, when they're running their mouth, but I'm sure we'll hear an official apology of some kid by the end of the week, and he probably end up with a repremend (or whatever it's called, which is basically just a slap on the wrist) and there won't be much more to it.
Gibson I believe threw an elbow at JT rather purposely after the whistle when the game was tied at 80. JT cried foul, the refs looked at the replay and deemed it wasn't done out of malice. JT of course didn't agree. Gibson went over to shake hands with JT and apologize. JT gave him the cold shoulder and then chucked up a three pointer 5 feet behind the arch in retaliation...we all know how that worked out for us.
It's Hobson, FWIW.

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: UNM's Steve Alford- Anyone else notice this?

Post by Schmoe »

clemdiggitydog1 wrote:
Schmoe wrote:Oh, by the way, I just saw several replays of the Alford-JT confrontation, and Alford is a douchebag. JT is shaking hands with other players and Alford seeks him out and yells something at him, JT throws his hands up to the side and says "What did I do?" and Alford screams "You're an asshole!" then turns around and emphatically high fives one of his assistants in a smug "I sure told him" manner. JT was even the one who went to the opposing locker room to apologize and in Alford's post game interview he didn't apologize or take any responsibility upon himself.

UNM has quickly become my second least favorite team in the MWC (only behind the Utards) since firing Rocky. I kind of understand them being such pricks, though, since they live in the sh**hole that is Albuquerque, have the poster child for crack babies as their #1 fan, and only get any national attention when someone from their school makes a total ass of themselves, so I guess I just shouldn't worry about it and pray that they become decent people when they move out of the buttcrack of America that is New Mexico.
talk about making an a** out of one self,"buttcrack of America?"Nice, elder.
Yay, Ignore!!

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,