John Coleman Discuss the Truth About Global Warming

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: John Coleman Discuss the Truth About Global Warming

Post by BYUROCKS »

bigbluepuma wrote:
Mars wrote:
It snowed in 49 states today, helping prove the new "Global Cooling" fad among politicians...
Dang. Where's Al Gore when you need him? :evil:

Stuck in the snow.

BOID
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BOID »

I was disgusted by the "Green Police" ad too. I felt a bit betrayed by AUDI, because I've always respected that company for their aggressive and novel developments in automotive engineering. I supported them in the late eighties when they were fighting the nonsensical "unintended acceleration" accusations. I applauded them when they were winning the Pike's Peak Hill Climb, and other, asphalt surface racing venues with high powered AWD vehicles.

Ironically, I have been hoping for the last few years to see that small AUDI turbo-diesel (featured in the nefarious ad) come to the U.S. They have so far only been available in Europe. I have been telling anyone who would listen, that the gasoline/electric hybrids are not the best vehicular platform for saving fuel. You all know by now that I do not believe in anthropogenic GW. However, for those who want a fuel efficient vehicle, that A-1 based turbo-diesel is awesome. It gets about 52 mpg, and performs better than a Prius (hate the Prius), and does not carry a butt-load of very heavy and toxic batteries.

I'm not solely interested in small, fuel efficient cars. I like big, snorty, high displacement vehicles like Corvettes, Vipers, Shelby Mustangs, and the new Camaro. I also like Porsches, Ferraris and Jaguars, and Jeeps, and Ford Raptors and Cummins Rams. These GW people have an agenda to take these choices away from us, and it's not because of worries about running out of fossil fuels or damaging the planet. They simply want to RULE over us.

I think some marketing guru that consults for AUDI concerning U.S. sales, has convinced the company that Americans are saps for GW. Therefore, a GW angle should pull in the secular progressive, left-leaning people to buy. However, I think this is misguided advice, and that Americans are beginning to wake up to the reality of the GW hoax. I would estimate that approximately two thirds of the super-bowl viewing audience was offended by that ad.

Regardless of the dumb add, that little A-1 TD has good torque, is reportedly very fun to drive, and will likely beat out the Mini Cooper S in the "pocket rocket" segment, while delivering about 50 mpg. And, AUDI needs to fire their U.S. marketing consultant(s).

BOID
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BOID »

Just thought I would add that, on second thought, CAFB may be right. Perhaps the ad was meant to be a humorous parody on the ridiculous extent of politically correct hegemony and desire for nanny-government that exists these days. I could envision the ad as a comic skit on Saturday Night Live, or The Dana Carvey Show, or even on South Park, or The Whitest Kids You Know. Maybe it was a gamble that the ad would work on everyone--- young communists would take it seriously, and freedom loving conservatives would laugh at it? Still, I would call it risky marketing.