ABC or ESPN?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

ABC or ESPN?

Post by EM_Puma »

What in the hello is ABC/ESPN waiting for to decide which platform gets the ABC game or ESPN one for this Saturday. I would be shocked to see BYU get ABC two weeks in a row. ABC used to do regional games and you got different ABC games depending where you lived. Is that what they are doing this week between WA @ BYU or UCF @ Pitt? It's Tuesday already and still I see nothing.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: ABC or ESPN?

Post by scott715 »

Yes it is regional.

YNot
All-American

Post by YNot »

EM_Puma wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:48 am What in the hello is ABC/ESPN waiting for to decide which platform gets the ABC game or ESPN one for this Saturday. I would be shocked to see BYU get ABC two weeks in a row. ABC used to do regional games and you got different ABC games depending where you lived. Is that what they are doing this week between WA @ BYU or UCF @ Pitt? It's Tuesday already and still I see nothing.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule

ESPN lists both UW-BYU and UCF-Pitt games as ABC/ESPN2 in the 1:30pm ET timeslot. This means that part of the country will see BYU-UW on ABC and UCF-Pitt on ESPN2, while the other part will see the opposite. They haven't released the ABC/ESPN2 coverage map yet, but the dividing line is likely to be somewhere near the Mississippi River. So, BYU fans out West and in Texas should plan to watch the BYU game on ABC again!

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

I live in the northwest, so should be getting it on ABC.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Absolutely.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

YNot wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:13 am
EM_Puma wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:48 am What in the hello is ABC/ESPN waiting for to decide which platform gets the ABC game or ESPN one for this Saturday. I would be shocked to see BYU get ABC two weeks in a row. ABC used to do regional games and you got different ABC games depending where you lived. Is that what they are doing this week between WA @ BYU or UCF @ Pitt? It's Tuesday already and still I see nothing.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule

ESPN lists both UW-BYU and UCF-Pitt games as ABC/ESPN2 in the 1:30pm ET timeslot. This means that part of the country will see BYU-UW on ABC and UCF-Pitt on ESPN2, while the other part will see the opposite. They haven't released the ABC/ESPN2 coverage map yet, but the dividing line is likely to be somewhere near the Mississippi River. So, BYU fans out West and in Texas should plan to watch the BYU game on ABC again!
Yep, Greg Wrubel said on the coaches show that it will be regional coverage so I expect to see it on ABC.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

https://fan-insider.com/espn-analysts-p ... y-manziel/

Press like this will get us better coverage of the games.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

This is the coverage map for the game.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Interesting that Detroit area gets UCF vs Pitt, while ALL the rest of Michigan gets the WA vs BYU game. Somehow, if they were going to carve out areas of the map, if I had the decision, I would have carved out Tennessee to the WA vs. BYU game. I'm sure their still trying to feel better about themselves and every win BYU has, especially over ranked opponents, makes them feel all the more better. Believe me, I feel their pain (Puketah)

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

EM_Puma wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:03 am Interesting that Detroit area gets UCF vs Pitt, while ALL the rest of Michigan gets the WA vs BYU game. Somehow, if they were going to carve out areas of the map, if I had the decision, I would have carved out Tennessee to the WA vs. BYU game. I'm sure their still trying to feel better about themselves and every win BYU has, especially over ranked opponents, makes them feel all the more better. Believe me, I feel their pain (Puketah)
I think Detroit gets BYU on ABC.

The green area in Michigan looks like it is just the greater-Toledo broadcast area. Detroit is farther North and East.