And football season is over...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Ungoy
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

And football season is over...

Post by Ungoy »

This is absolutely embarrassing. Fire the entire coaching staff, and fire Holmoe. This in inexcusable!

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: And football season is over...

Post by SpiffCoug »

Ungoy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:56 pm This is absolutely embarrassing. Fire the entire coaching staff, and fire Holmoe. This in inexcusable!
Agreed.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Fire Holmoe. The loser mentality starts with him. See his comment about the game last year.

And Sitake? .

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Holmoe isn't going to make a dime on this season. Home opener loss against Utah. Fans are staying home and not tuning in. ESPN won't be happy.

Time for Holmoe to retire.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

And not just a loss, but an ugly pathetic loss.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

This coaching staff will never beat the utes, never. Our only chance at ending the streak sooner rather than later left the program for the mess we currently have. I have wanted BYU to cut bait on this coaching staff since about mid season 2017 but now realize that BYU is just happy to keep this guy around because he is a nice guy. BYU will be the 3rd best team in the state for the foreseeable future unless something happens. Maybe losing the ESPN deal will wake some people up.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

The fact that ESPN switched the broadcast to the Ocho after the rain delay without much notice to viewers says a lot about where BYU stands.

The production level (and color commentary) on tonight's broadcast was awful. It was like watching the .mtn shot in HD.

ESPN isn't investing in BYU any more than they absolutely have right now from what I can see.

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

This goes deeper then just coaching and TH. If BYU wants to compete they will need lower the academic standards for athletes. I don't care if an athlete had a 3.0 or 2.0 GPA why should anyone else. They are there to play football why should it matter to anyone what their GPA is? And go ahead and start the freak out music but the honor code needs to change. Everyone can say what they want but the honor code is what kept BYU out of the BIG12. I know pretty much everyone on here won't like my opinion and I don't care.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

a1247 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:46 am This goes deeper then just coaching and TH. If BYU wants to compete they will need lower the academic standards for athletes. I don't care if an athlete had a 3.0 or 2.0 GPA why should anyone else. They are there to play football why should it matter to anyone what their GPA is? And go ahead and start the freak out music but the honor code needs to change. Everyone can say what they want but the honor code is what kept BYU out of the BIG12. I know pretty much everyone on here won't like my opinion and I don't care.
We don't need to sell out to be successful. But more money does need to be invested across the board. And we need smarter scheduling.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

KingCoug wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:58 am
a1247 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:46 am This goes deeper then just coaching and TH. If BYU wants to compete they will need lower the academic standards for athletes. I don't care if an athlete had a 3.0 or 2.0 GPA why should anyone else. They are there to play football why should it matter to anyone what their GPA is? And go ahead and start the freak out music but the honor code needs to change. Everyone can say what they want but the honor code is what kept BYU out of the BIG12. I know pretty much everyone on here won't like my opinion and I don't care.
We don't need to sell out to be successful. But more money does need to be invested across the board. And we need smarter scheduling.
We don't need to sell out but we don't need to shoot ourselves in the foot either. Our athlete academic standards are up there with Stanford. Do we really need both that and the strict honor code? To be completely honest IMO BYU is no where near Stanford's academic level anyways so I think we're trying to be something that we are not.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins