We need Emery and Haws to step up!

BYU Cougars on the court.
Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

We need Emery and Haws to step up!

Post by Short_Change »

In the two losses to UNM and UNLV they have both shot poorly. Emery also shot poorly vs USU. For most of the year I've felt that they were the biggest reasons for our team's improvement, but they have struggled over the last 4-6 games. I think they'll pull out of it and they just need to take better shots. The good news is if Tavernari could pull out of his slump these guys shouldn't have a problem.

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: We need Emery and Haws to step up!

Post by bigbluepuma »

maybe the week off will help with that. Here's hoping. 8)

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: We need Emery and Haws to step up!

Post by Lawboy »

Short_Change wrote:In the two losses to UNM and UNLV they have both shot poorly. Emery also shot poorly vs USU. For most of the year I've felt that they were the biggest reasons for our team's improvement, but they have struggled over the last 4-6 games. I think they'll pull out of it and they just need to take better shots. The good news is if Tavernari could pull out of his slump these guys shouldn't have a problem.
I think they both settle for 3 pointers too much. Especially EMery. He is a great leaper and can get to the rack, but rarely tries. He needs to be more aggressive that way--because he can be.