Wall

BYU Cougars on the court.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Wall

Post by Gunk »

After the TCU game and UNLV game I think it's pretty safe to assume even though our guys won't admit it, they're tired and they've hit a bit of a wall. Glad they have a whole week to not only think about that UNLV loss but to also rest up. They need to get their legs back.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
bigbluepuma
All-American

Re: Wall

Post by bigbluepuma »

I think you may have hit it right on the head.

mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

Definitely. I recall this same late-season swoon a year ago as well. I don't know how you do it, but somehow this team needs to get the energy back that they had in November an December. That team was murderous, but now they've disappeared.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

mizzoucoug wrote:Definitely. I recall this same late-season swoon a year ago as well. I don't know how you do it, but somehow this team needs to get the energy back that they had in November an December. That team was murderous, but now they've disappeared.
How about let the bench play against AF? They ought to be able to hold the Falcons off. If the bench gets in trouble, send Jimmer in for 5 min.

Seriously, though, I've noticed Rose has been much more hesitant to go to the bench lately. Beyond rotating in JT, Davies and Abuou, he hasn't done much beyond that, particularly with the guards. Get Lamont and Loyd out on the court more.

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

I agree. Both of the Juniors are very capable, and they will keep Jimmer from getting worn down, while providing a spark of their own. Plus, it 'll give Loyd more prep for next year.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

I agree with getting Loyd and Lamont on the court more. They are both quick capable guards and I think the long season is starting to take a toll on the guys playing a lot of minutes

mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

I seem to recall the UTEP game where Morgan was awesome for us. In fact, I remember thinking that we were playing just as well w/o Jimmer in that game. Like people have said, it's all about minutes...minutes = confidence = true depth.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

mizzoucoug wrote:I seem to recall the UTEP game where Morgan was awesome for us. In fact, I remember thinking that we were playing just as well w/o Jimmer in that game. Like people have said, it's all about minutes...minutes = confidence = true depth.
He did, and Loyd was showing promise as well.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

declocoug wrote:I agree with getting Loyd and Lamont on the court more. They are both quick capable guards and I think the long season is starting to take a toll on the guys playing a lot of minutes
I'm on this bandwagon.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars