Some Bright Points About our SOS

BYU Cougars on the court.
FurriousCougar
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Some Bright Points About our SOS

Post by FurriousCougar »

1. It has now moved up to 107 - getting even closer to the top 100, which I think will actually make a big difference in a voters/seeders mind when they take a quick look and see a 2 digit number compared to a 3 digit number - Biiiiiig Difference on the mental image - it's just human nature. Kind of like $2.99 compared to $3.00....I know I've bought a lot of Wendy's meals...

2. New Mexico moves up to 10 - so a top 10 RPI team!

3. UNLV moves up to 30 - so a top 30 RPI team!

4. SDSU moves up to 40 - so a top 40 RPI team!

5. Colorado State still hangin around at 99 - so still a top 100 RPI team!

6. UTEP - this I think is the brightest spot of all. They have been on a tare lately, actually more like a rampage. They are winning - and winning BIG. They've now moved themselves atop of the conference standings, and are winning HUGE conference games on the road, ala @Memphis and @UAB. Now they just turned around and got a solid win at home by 14 against Tulsa, putting them at 3-0 against the top teams in their conference. They are rollin. And we are looking all the better because of it - because they are now 58, and getting closer to giving us another top 50 rpi win - I'll take it for that eye test come seeding time.

7. Not only is UTEP winning their conference, but also Weber State AND now Utah State. Yes - WINNING - not even tied. Also as we know, Arizona and ASU are both right there in the PAC 10 Conference Champs race. Hey, I'll take 4 wins over season conference champs.

Oh, and BYU sits at 22 of course. Which is not only good as is, but if we win out, we'll be lookin Miiiiighty fine, especially with wins over a top 10 RPI New Mexico team.