Both Polls Out

BYU Cougars on the court.
FurriousCougar
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Both Polls Out

Post by FurriousCougar »

Last edited by FurriousCougar on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: 1st Poll Out

Post by SpiffCoug »

It's a pretty fair ranking for BYU too I think. But that is sweet that the MWC has three ranked teams!

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by clemdiggitydog1 »

kitic77 wrote:It's a pretty fair ranking for BYU too I think. But that is sweet that the MWC has three ranked teams!
Last week i was a bit hesitant to see that we were being treated entirely fairly because there were still 3 and 4 loss teams ahead of us when we had only lost twice,and everyone seemed to be grateful that we only dropped from 10 to 12,despite the loss at UNM;this week i have to say that we are definitely getting a healthy dose of respect from enough voters to not have dropped as far as i had forseen.I think coupled with the loss of only 1 seeding point in Bracketology,this loss at UNLV indeed may not have stung as badly as i had feared.YIPPEE!wether we get that monkey off our back in the tourney is all about the seed,and I'm feeling more optimistic about that eventuality this AM.

cougdoc
BLUEshirt

Post by cougdoc »

clemdiggitydog1 wrote:Last week i was a bit hesitant to see that we were being treated entirely fairly because there were still 3 and 4 loss teams ahead of us when we had only lost twice.
I don't normally pay much attention to the polls, but getting three MWC teams in was enough to catch my eye. That made me look through the entire 25 teams, and I was only bothered by one entrant: an Ohio State team with SIX losses, including road games against Butler, Michigan and Minnesota, being ranked ahead of us. Overall the Big 10 is pretty strong, but road losses to USU, UNM and UNLV are comparable to the OSU losses, in my opinion.

Mars
Retired

Re: Both Polls Out

Post by Mars »

Some thoughts:

-UTEP is "31st" in the AP Poll with 33 votes, representing the best C-USA has to offer currently (poor Memphis)!

-#17 BYU has a better record (22-3) than #4 West Virginia (19-3). Their losses: By 15 at Purdue, by 2 at Notre Dame, by 1 at Syracuse. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/schedule?teamId=277

-Georgetown #7, at 17-5? :bug: Losses: By 4 at home to Old Dominion, by 3 at Marquette, by 5 at Villanova, by 17 at Syracuse, by 8 at home to South Florida.

-Ohio State #13, at 18-6? :bug: Losses: By 4 to North Carolina (the 10th best ACC team currently), by 8 at Butler, by 22 at Wisconsin, by 9 at Michigan, by 11 at Minnesota, by 6 at West Virginia.

-The polls always have some big differences. Is Gonzaga more of an 11th-best team (Coaches), or 16th best (AP)?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars