It's not easy to win on the road, ask Michigan State, etc.

BYU Cougars on the court.
KYCoug
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: It's not easy to win on the road, ask Michigan State, etc.

Post by KYCoug »

Although it's a bit disappointing, I have to take this in stride. Even great teams have mid season let downs. The main thing that needs to happen now is all that happened needs to be put behind and we need to start building momentum and confidence heading for the Conference Tournament. We definitely will need to solve the Thomas &Mack Center monkey on our backs and then hit the Big Show at full steam. Get Davis back and everyone healthy and start playing with confidence.

Go Cougs!

L Hatton
Louisville, KY

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

kitic77 wrote:
declocoug wrote:Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.

Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.
Wow, so 19-4 and tied for 1st place in the 7th best conference is average? That explains why you're upset that a 22-3 team lost to them.
That condescending attitude (UNLV=average) was uncalled for. They are a decent team. But.... BYU helped make them look a lot better than they really are. I just have a hard time defining a team that lost to this years Utah team (@T&M)as great. :sick:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I'm not the one who used average to describe UNLV. I agree it's tough to reconcile UNLV's play yesterday to their game against Utah. UNLV could likely be ranked tomorrow and even with that loss to Utah, I think they're an above average team.

One game should not define a team.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Oh, I know, I was saying that my condescending attitude was uncalled for. I'm not trying to argue with you.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Got it. And last five games or so, BYU hasn't been much more than a decent team either. They're struggling for offensive consistency and it now looks like there are some chinks in their defensive armor.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

declocoug wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
FurriousCougar wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....

Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.
I'll add my point to this thread too. I'm getting really steamed over our "fans" acting more like trolls. thank you for supporting our team instead of calling them talentless scum for not being 25-0. One loss (even a bad one) does not a bad team or a bad season make. I think this is a pretty amazing team, and I'm glad you do too. Thanks
If you're so "steamed" call those posters out and show why their opinion is, in your opinion, wrong. Don't just label everyone who saw BYU lacking their usual drive and effort trolls or bad fans.

Are fans going to overreact after any loss? Yes. Evidence- Thread about Miles being a good person.

Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.

Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.
Read through the threads. I have done so, and so have others (sno and schmoe come to mind). The frustration you see in this post is in response to the ongoing vitriol that doesn't seem to let up, much of which is personal attacks. If you read through the threads, you will also find that I have posted about the team's, and some individuals' poor performance.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

bigbluepuma wrote:
declocoug wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
FurriousCougar wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....

Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.
I'll add my point to this thread too. I'm getting really steamed over our "fans" acting more like trolls. thank you for supporting our team instead of calling them talentless scum for not being 25-0. One loss (even a bad one) does not a bad team or a bad season make. I think this is a pretty amazing team, and I'm glad you do too. Thanks
If you're so "steamed" call those posters out and show why their opinion is, in your opinion, wrong. Don't just label everyone who saw BYU lacking their usual drive and effort trolls or bad fans.

Are fans going to overreact after any loss? Yes. Evidence- Thread about Miles being a good person.

Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.

Read through the threads. I have done so, and so have others (sno and schmoe come to mind). The frustration you see in this post is in response to the ongoing vitriol that doesn't seem to let up, much of which is personal attacks. If you read through the threads, you will also find that I have posted about the team's, and some individuals' poor performance.
sorry, wasn't trying to attack you. For the most part I agree with what you're sayin.