It's not easy to win on the road, ask Michigan State, etc.

BYU Cougars on the court.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

It's not easy to win on the road, ask Michigan State, etc.

Post by craigoscarson »

5 Michigan State 73 0:02
Illinois 78 2nd Half

2 Villanova 90 Final
8 Georgetown 103

9 Duke 66 Final
Boston College 63

10 Texas 71 Final
Oklahoma 80

11 Kansas State 79 Final
Iowa State 75

12 Brigham Young 74 Final
UNLV 88

South Carolina 53 Final
14 Tennessee 79

17 Temple 54 Final
Richmond 71

NC State 71 Final
19 Georgia Tech 73

20 Vanderbilt 58 Final
Georgia 72

Seton Hall 58 Final
21 Pittsburgh 83

San Diego State 86 Final
23 New Mexico 88 OT

24 Baylor 71 Final
Texas A&M 78

craigoscarson
Pro

Re: It's not easy to win on the road, ask Michigan State, etc.

Post by craigoscarson »

the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

craigoscarson wrote:the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....
that sums it up pretty well.

FurriousCougar
Freshman

Post by FurriousCougar »

craigoscarson wrote:the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....

Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Dang, Michigan St, Villanova, Texas, Temple, Vandy, and Baylor all aren't going to win any tournament games this year. That really stinks.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

FurriousCougar wrote:

Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.
I'll add my point to this thread too. I'm getting really steamed over our "fans" acting more like trolls. thank you for supporting our team instead of calling them talentless scum for not being 25-0. One loss (even a bad one) does not a bad team or a bad season make. I think this is a pretty amazing team, and I'm glad you do too. Thanks

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

bigbluepuma wrote:
FurriousCougar wrote:

I'll add my point to this thread too. I'm getting really steamed over our "fans" acting more like trolls. thank you for supporting our team instead of calling them talentless scum for not being 25-0. One loss (even a bad one) does not a bad team or a bad season make. I think this is a pretty amazing team, and I'm glad you do too. Thanks
If you're so "steamed" call those posters out and show why their opinion is, in your opinion, wrong. Don't just label everyone who saw BYU lacking their usual drive and effort trolls or bad fans.

Are fans going to overreact after any loss? Yes. Evidence- Thread about Miles being a good person.

Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.

Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.

northerncougar
Junior

Post by northerncougar »

The problem I have with this team is that it is the same thing every year. In the middle of the conference run we have a bad game and we never really recover after that. I think this was more than a bad game by us and good game by UNLV. It happens every year with BYU and UNLV down there. That is a problem. We had the same issue against Utah at home the week before. If our front court had any guts, we would have taken it to Utah to start the 2nd half, Foster would have had his 4th foul quickly and we run away with that game. Instead we had a 4 pt lead with 5 minutes to go and Jimmer had to take over. Sure it ended great but I was very concerned after that game and I saw the same thing yesterday. Our front court has no heart and as a whole our team played flat and scared. That is how we play against UNLV there every year. This year is no different than any other year. And unfortunately we play the same way in the first game of the tourney and this year will be no different.

We were exposed twice in the last three games and it will continue the rest of the year. We won't win the MWC tourney and will lose in the first round. After watching BYU basketball since 1989, I have seen this movie before and the ending sucks.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

declocoug wrote:Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.

Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.
Wow, so 19-4 and tied for 1st place in the 7th best conference is average? That explains why you're upset that a 22-3 team lost to them.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

We played an athletic team and it gave us some problems. That is what we will see at March Madness. We see that so infrequently that it gives us problems. Upgrading our schedule is needed. When they presuure the passing lanes we need to take advantage of it. When is the last time you have seen a backdoor play?

The loss hurts but it can be to benefit to play a game like that.