BYU Cougars on the court.
FurriousCougar
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

We Compare to the #1 Team

Post by FurriousCougar »

Okay, so I don't actually believe this....HOWEVER

Nebraska is currently beating Kansas (the #1 Team) 43 to 42 with 15 minutes left.

Guess what? Kansas is HOME

Guess what else?? We beat Nebraska by 22 - on a NEUTRAL site

Now I know the whole, they beat x, and we beat y, etc, isn't a great measure. But I still think this makes a point, not to mention, in this case, both teams played the same team.

Furthermore, after watching the ENTIRE Kansas vs. Colorado game a few days ago, and seeing how crappy Kansas looked (who had to win in OT and should have lost, had Colorado not done everything in their power to win Kansas the game), I'm feeling pretty good about where BYU stands if that is the #1 team in the nation.

Also, this would be a great win for our RPI.

clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: We Compare to the #1 Team

Post by clemdiggitydog1 »

after watching the two elite teams from the Big East this AM,to whit GU v. Villanova,It's my belief that the NCAA champ this year will come out of this conference,and that the Big 12 top teams are overrated by comparision.And yes,you make a good point,which is that on any given day BYU can play with anyone,there's just less margin for error for us when we aren't filling it up from three.You could reasonably argue,however that the thing that beat us this afternoon in Vegas was not our shooting,but our relative inability to stop anyone.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: We Compare to the #1 Team

Post by SpiffCoug »

clemdiggitydog1 wrote:after watching the two elite teams from the Big East this AM,to whit GU v. Villanova,It's my belief that the NCAA champ this year will come out of this conference,and that the Big 12 top teams are overrated by comparision.And yes,you make a good point,which is that on any given day BYU can play with anyone,there's just less margin for error for us when we aren't filling it up from three.You could reasonably argue,however that the thing that beat us this afternoon in Vegas was not our shooting,but our relative inability to stop anyone.
And there's pretty much no margin for error against anyone who starts the game 9 of 11 from three at home. I was really surprised at our inability to get stops this afternoon. One thing we had done all year, was play very good defense. We did not do that today.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!