@UNLV

BYU Cougars on the court.
bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: @UNLV

Post by bigbluepuma »

Hitorically, Rose teams go on a skid in early january. When they didn't, I had hope that there wouldn't be one this year. Wrong!! I sure hope it is over, and they run the rest of the table. I think they will. 8)

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

bigbluepuma wrote:Hitorically, Rose teams go on a skid in early january. When they didn't, I had hope that there wouldn't be one this year. Wrong!! I sure hope it is over, and they run the rest of the table. I think they will. 8)
I think it's a bit much to label two non-consecutive losses "a skid", don't you? Those were the two toughest games on our schedule all season, regardless of what date we played them...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

OUCH!! You got me. Actually, I don't think the NM game was a skid at all, just a tough loss to a very good team. I do, however think that the two worst played games of the season might have been TCU and UNLV. The skids I was refering to in other years weren't major catastrophies either, just a couple of losses, a bump in the road before they took off and played very well again until the anual unraveling at the invitational, which has always seemed to mess up the seeding for the big dance. :sick: :~(

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

bigbluepuma wrote: I do, however think that the two worst played games of the season might have been TCU and UNLV.
TCU was a 20-point win. I wouldn't call it one of our worst-played games. I would say that it highlighted the shooting problems we seem to have developed the further we get into MWC play. Jimmer is scoring a lot but he is also missing a lot right now. Emery and Haws are in shooting slumps. Miles and Anderson have been on the floor too much doing too little. And Morgan, Loyd, Davies, and Abou have been unable to provide much positive change off of the bench in limited minutes.

Really, the only guy we having shooting well right now is JT (and probably Hartsock too). And it's been nice during the short periods with Jimmer, Emery, and JT all playing at once, and when Noah is in for Miles and Abou is spelling Haws. Not our best line-up usually, but a nice change of pace to help with the recent cold spells.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars