BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: byu #12 in AP

Post by BroncoBot »

wow, that's huge. No Drop.

Well played BYU.

Nice that UNM is at #15, it'll look great when we beat them in provo.

Anyone know what in the world Dwight the taxi driver is talking about when he refers to "getting the crap beat out of him in provo"? wondered if TNT just pulled that out of nowhere, or if Provo is considered a rough place.??? or are they just making fun of BYU (what else is in provo)?

Dcr36
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Dcr36 »

#12 in both. I'll take it.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

How in the world Ohio State is ranked #13 with 6 losses is beyond me. And yet, it is probably what is keeping us at #12. Pollsters knew they couldn't put a two loss team behind a six loss one, especially when BYU is ahead of OSU in most RPI and computer rating systems.

I like the nice jump by New Mexico. Though again, I wonder how much is due to the pollsters actually watching or being impressed by New Mexico or whether it was because nearly every other team in front of them had at least one loss during the week.

Regardless,it's nice to see the MWC getting some 'rank love' and I thought UNLV should have been deserving of at least a few votes too.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Now that's the kind of respect we've been wanting around here. To lose a game on the road to a Top 25 team and not slide. Some of that was help by others losing around us, but I have to nod my head up and down on that fact.

I never thought NM would get that kind of bounce beating BYU at home by only four points, but bully for them!

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

And in ESPN Bracketology we stayed a #3 seed. We lost our upward arrow, but we're still a #3 seed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by clemdiggitydog1 »

Honestly don't mean to be a wet blanket,but on the other hand we've got Gonzaga 1 spot below us at #13 after loosing to the mighty Dons by 20+ points,a team we took behind the shed by 26,and then in both polls we are behind four 3 loss teams,and three 4 loss teams.Fact is, that we are never gonna get the respect that we deserve until we make a tourney run,regardless of how gaudy our regular season record is.It's kind of a glass half- empty or glass half- full deal,because the perception can be what you make it.

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

clemdiggitydog1 wrote:It's kind of a glass half- empty or glass half- full deal,because the perception can be what you make it.
I'm an engineer, the container is neither half-full nor half-empty, the container is just too big. :P

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

clemdiggitydog1 wrote:Honestly don't mean to be a wet blanket,but on the other hand we've got Gonzaga 1 spot below us at #13 after loosing to the mighty Dons by 20+ points,a team we took behind the shed by 26,and then in both polls we are behind four 3 loss teams,and three 4 loss teams.Fact is, that we are never gonna get the respect that we deserve until we make a tourney run,regardless of how gaudy our regular season record is.It's kind of a glass half- empty or glass half- full deal,because the perception can be what you make it.
Gonzaga didn't lose by 20+ points. They lost by 4, in overtime. And the fact is, our 2 spot drop is proof that we already are getting respect despite our lack of a deep tourney run. Clearly you have the half-empty perception. That's gotta suck to go through life with.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
kjjson
Freshman

Post by kjjson »

Is BYU losing to New Mexico last week a good thing? First of all, I think the loss came at a good time to get us refocused for the rest of league play. Second, if you are going to lose a game, I don't think there is a game that hurts you less than losing a close game at the Pit. Hopefully, New Mexico will continue to win and move up the rankings (as with BYU) that when we play again at the end of February, both teams could be ranked really high, thus giving us a win against a top team.