Boilen

BYU Cougars on the court.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Boilen

Post by Mars »

1- Utah will fire him sooner or later. He's no better a coach than Ray Giacoletti, just more popular because of his "emotion".

2- The dude pisses me off. Cry into the microphone more after home games why don't you? The guy is as emotional as an angst-ridden emo teenager.

3- He seems to spend all game every game sitting or standing out on the court during play. During the BYU game he was coming out onto the court 4 freaking feet once it got to the 2 minute mark. The student section could be heard chanting "Get Off The Court!". This is why the handheld film exists in the first place, to document the crap he gets away with.

4- The guy is a total douche. Just read his comments after the game. Stuff like (paraphrasing) "Jackson's fine, let's not make a big deal of this, that's how games should be played, no one got seriously hurt, it's not a big deal". And then he whined about the refs not sending his guys to the free throw line enough. He made a big deal of an assistant BYU coach "acting like a child and making the situation worse, trying to escalate things". When asked about Henderson's actions, he summed it by by talking about what a good player he is as a freshman, like that should be enough of a reason to forgive the kid automatically. He also proudly talked about joking with Emery and JT that he would punch them in the face and beat them up in a fight after the game, like that is a very funny and mature response. The guy is just a whiny piece of crap and I won't miss him when he's gone (his 1-4 record against BYU notwithstanding).

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired

Re: Boilen

Post by BroncoBot »

I've said this before, and while I don't have a ton of respect for coach boylen, I like the guy a lot more than the u's football coach. maybe I just cut him a little slack cause let's face it, he doesn't exactly have a dream job. it's more like an episode of dirty jobs working with those whiny (and ugly) ute fans and players every day. I'm sure it would start to get under my skin after a while. he'll probably be glad to get out of that place when he is done. :P

I think what I actually like about him is the respect he has for coach rose. they seem to get along a lot better than the corresponding football coaches. Which I of course blame K-twit for. He's simply fueling the rivalry fire by continuing all of Meyer's stupid "traditions". Most of these "traditions" he should consider offensive being a product of BYU.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by BroncoBot on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUROCKS »

Mars wrote:
1- Utah will fire him sooner or later. He's no better a coach than Ray Giacoletti, just more popular because of his "emotion".

2- The dude pisses me off. Cry into the microphone more after home games why don't you? The guy is as emotional as an angst-ridden emo teenager.

3- He seems to spend all game every game sitting or standing out on the court during play. During the BYU game he was coming out onto the court 4 freaking feet once it got to the 2 minute mark. The student section could be heard chanting "Get Off The Court!". This is why the handheld film exists in the first place, to document the crap he gets away with.

4- The guy is a total douche. Just read his comments after the game. Stuff like (paraphrasing) "Jackson's fine, let's not make a big deal of this, that's how games should be played, no one got seriously hurt, it's not a big deal". And then he whined about the refs not sending his guys to the free throw line enough. He made a big deal of an assistant BYU coach "acting like a child and making the situation worse, trying to escalate things". When asked about Henderson's actions, he summed it by by talking about what a good player he is as a freshman, like that should be enough of a reason to forgive the kid automatically. He also proudly talked about joking with Emery and JT that he would punch them in the face and beat them up in a fight after the game, like that is a very funny and mature response. The guy is just a whiny piece of crap and I won't miss him when he's gone (his 1-4 record against BYU notwithstanding).
It has taken you that long to realize that ?

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

declocoug wrote:I've said this before, and while I don't have a ton of respect for coach boylen, I like the guy a lot more than the u's football coach. maybe I just cut him a little slack cause let's face it, he doesn't exactly have a dream job. it's more like an episode of dirty jobs working with those whiny (and ugly) ute fans and players every day. I'm sure it would start to get under my skin after a while. he'll probably be glad to get out of that place when he is done. :P

Kinda puts it into perspective.

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

declocoug wrote:
I think what I actually like about him is the respect he has for coach rose. they seem to get along a lot better than the corresponding football coaches. Which I of course blame K-twit for. He's simply fueling the rivalry fire by continuing all of Meyer's stupid "traditions". Most of these "traditions" he should consider offensive being a product of BYU.

Years ago, SDSU had an AD who was constantly bad-mouthing BYU. Of course, it spread down, and every game with SDSU was ugly, especially there. The same is true with Whit-less, only it goes beyond BYU relationships. He has managed to offend most of the conference, albeit not to the extent he is offensive to BYU. :munch: :munch:

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Not to mention that the douche spent a large chunk of the post-game talking about how Jimmer should leave BYU a year early to go to the NBA. Transparently desperate much?

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Mars wrote:
Not to mention that the douche spent a large chunk of the post-game talking about how Jimmer should leave BYU a year early to go to the NBA. Transparently desperate much?
Again, look at the situation he is in. BYU has already locked up every good commit in the state. Plus, BYU has some solid talent coming back from missions. Of course he is going to be getting desperate. How is he EVER going to challenge for the MWC champ when the TDS(!!!!!) consistently gets better.

Boylen is a pitiful case of not knowing what he was getting into. But at least he shows a modest amount of respect. Again, I am only defending him because in comparison with Kwhit, he IS a class act, which is a sad situation for Kyle.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

declocoug wrote: at least he shows a modest amount of respect. Again, I am only defending him because in comparison with Kwhit, he IS a class act, which is a sad situation for Kyle.
Boylen's ONE claim to MWC fame is being the only head coach to steal the ball during live play, get caught doing it on video, and still attempt to lie to the media about it afterwards.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Mars wrote:
declocoug wrote: at least he shows a modest amount of respect. Again, I am only defending him because in comparison with Kwhit, he IS a class act, which is a sad situation for Kyle.
Boylen's ONE claim to MWC fame is being the only head coach to steal the ball during live play, get caught doing it on video, and still attempt to lie to the media about it afterwards.
Ha, I forgot about that. That was jacked up.

Y 4 Ever
All-American

Post by Y 4 Ever »

Mars wrote:
I missed this - video, anyone?