BYU Cougars on the court.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: The incident

Post by BroncoBot »

Wickchad84087 wrote:
Iceman wrote:For the life of me, I can not see why the ewets were awarded two technical foul shots. Emery committed NO technical foul that I could see, but the spineless refs wanted to make peace with both sides getting a foul? Like I said- SPINELESS.
I think they actually called a personal foul on BYU somewhere during the play before the "incident". Then they called a technical foul on Utah. That is why Utah took two free throws followed by BYU taking two free throws and getting the ball. Had a tech not been called on Utah it would have been Utah's ball because Henderson threw the ball off Emery who was standing out of bounds.

Tavernari didn't do a very good job of sticking up for Emery. Just standing there with your arms out isn't going to intimidate someone else from taking a swing at your team mates. Hafa would have planted Henderson into the second row! (I know, I know, we wouldn't want a BYU player suspended too, or give the Utes something to complain about...)
Are we sure there wasn't a technical on BYU somewhere in there?

FurriousCougar
Freshman

Post by FurriousCougar »

Wickchad84087 wrote:
Iceman wrote:For the life of me, I can not see why the ewets were awarded two technical foul shots. Emery committed NO technical foul that I could see, but the spineless refs wanted to make peace with both sides getting a foul? Like I said- SPINELESS.
I think they actually called a personal foul on BYU somewhere during the play before the "incident". Then they called a technical foul on Utah. That is why Utah took two free throws followed by BYU taking two free throws and getting the ball. Had a tech not been called on Utah it would have been Utah's ball because Henderson threw the ball off Emery who was standing out of bounds.
Seriously?!

CannonCougar85
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CannonCougar85 »

There was no technical foul called on BYU. If there was then Utah would have retained possession of the ball after the free throws since both teams had been given a technical but that clearly wasn't the case. The only reason that Utah shot foul shots is because that late in the game BYU was in the bonus.

Henderson is a punk and he's going to have a rough time in Provo the next 3 years cause we are not going to forget this one. Can't wait.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

Did anyone notice all the pats on the back Marshmallo got from the :utard: as he was leaving?

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Wickchad84087 wrote:
Iceman wrote:I think they actually called a personal foul on BYU somewhere during the play before the "incident". Then they called a technical foul on Utah. That is why Utah took two free throws followed by BYU taking two free throws and getting the ball. Had a tech not been called on Utah it would have been Utah's ball because Henderson threw the ball off Emery who was standing out of bounds.
Correct, but incorrect.

Jackson fouled Shawn Glover before the ball went out of bounds, so Henderson throwing the ball of Tavernari was a fruitless exercise--the ball was dead on the foul. Glover got to take his free throws as the foul occurred before the T on Henderson. If the tech had not been called, BYU either gets the ball after a make by Glover or the teams fight for the rebound on his second miss.

FurriousCougar
Freshman

Post by FurriousCougar »

Wow. I mean, just, Wow.

I cannot believe the same points keep getting repeated this many times...especially when there are totally more important things we could be discussing. Like how we were the first team to 20 wins maybe? I mean, jeez, no one has even mentioned that yet, but the Personal foul/Technical foul fiasco has been analyzed up and down. Where are our priorities?!

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

FurriousCougar wrote:Wow. I mean, just, Wow.

I cannot believe the same points keep getting repeated this many times...especially when there are totally more important things we could be discussing. Like how we were the first team to 20 wins maybe? I mean, jeez, no one has even mentioned that yet, but the Personal foul/Technical foul fiasco has been analyzed up and down. Where are our priorities?!
We were the first team to 20 wins? :bug:

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Gunk wrote: We were the first team to 20 wins? :bug:
That depends. Do Div. II wins count?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.