BYU Cougars on the court.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: What will happen to Henderson!!?

Post by urroner »

BYUROCKS wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:How many kicks would it have taken to improve Nevills looks?
42, (Urroner was the picture at 21)
????????? Honestly people, am I that ugly? I thought I was more like a 15 or a 16, but 21? :sulk: :sulk: :~( :~( :bug: :bug:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

What?

Here's part of Jay Drew's blog on talking to Boylen about the incident:

After saying three or four times that Henderson made a mistake, Boylen spent more time talking about a guy from BYU’s bench that he said escalated the situation. The guy he was talking about was Rob Ramos, head athletic trainer for BYU men’s basketball.
After going through the line and shaking all the BYU players’ hands after the game, Boylen made a beeline toward Ramos. He put his hands on either Ramos’ face or shoulders, and said something to the trainer.
In the postgame interview room, here’s what he told us:
“They had somebody come off their bench in a gray suit that was instigating everything. I don’t know what he was doing. But Dave [Rose] was fine. We were fine. Guys were fine.
“You know, there’s good kids on the floor. There’s respectful guys. We were fine. Everything was cool. But somebody came off their bench in a gray suit, and I don’t know what he was doing. I mean, we gotta be the adults.
“You know, I told [Jonathan] Tavernari I would kick his butt after the game, and he laughed. I told Jackson that I would punch him, and he would forget all about [Henderson] punching him. Just trying to calm it down. We got a great rivalry. We got great fans. You know, things happen, but we’re OK.
“Everybody overreacts to everything. Gosh, just keep playing. But you can’t have adults coming in and screwing the thing up. You know, Little League baseball around here.”
Asked if it was a case of boys being boys, Boylen said: “Please dont make a big deal. I know you will, but don’t.”

So Boylen thinks it's Ramos fault?

I'd have to watch the game again, I'm thinking it was in the first half, but once again one of Utah's players was chasing a ball out of bounds that would have gone to BYU. In mid-air he takes the ball and as if he were playing dodgeball, he throws that ball with all of his gusto back at, I believe, Tyler Haws and it ricochets off of Tyler out of bounds. You could see Tyler stand there for a moment with the look on his face, "He didn't just slam me with that ball that hard just trying to get the ball out on me? He stood for a second dazed. Immediately the question came to me, "How fricken hard can they throw a ball at someone to bounce it off of them out of bounds?" Because you could see right away that Haws was taken back by how hard the guy had just hit him with a leather basketball.

When you think about it, are there no rules about throwing a basketball at someone? I've seen this play a thousand times and never until tonight had I remembered seeing another team throw that ball with such force like say, just like I see my Scouts playing dodgeball.

Now I don't want to make this out to be more than it is, but I've seen many a players do this technique, but I just had never seen one doing it like he was trying to hurt the guy. My first reaction when I saw it was, "Hey, isn't intentionally throwing a ball at an opponent and not just trying to knock it out on him."

Believe me, we have Dustin Ryker, the former BYU OLman and Arena Football player in our ward and he hit me in the head with a dodgeball (they're much softer and padded) from about 30 feet and I saw stars, so throwing a BB with the force I saw on that one play and it connects to your head, you easily could have a black eye if not more. I think the concept was in the beginning to glance the ball off the legs of the opponent and get the ball out on them and Utah thinks that means you can heave a ball as hard as you can at any part of an opponents body. I don't think that was ever intended or should be intended to be allowed.

Funny that that thought would come to me in this game for the first time ever and later that would be what caused the Henderson backhand after a BYU player had the same feeling.

BYUROCKS
Junior

Post by BYUROCKS »

urroner wrote:
BYUROCKS wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:How many kicks would it have taken to improve Nevills looks?
42, (Urroner was the picture at 21)
????????? Honestly people, am I that ugly? I thought I was more like a 15 or a 16, but 21? :sulk: :sulk: :~( :~( :bug: :bug:

so saying your the picture if being half way done, makes up upset ? you would rather be less then half way done ? :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

That was the third time Henderson had jumped out of bounds trying to save the ball and threw it extremely hard at a BYU player. It is a heads up play, but I don't think you have to throw it nearly as hard as he is.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BYUROCKS
Junior

Post by BYUROCKS »

kitic77 wrote:That was the third time Henderson had jumped out of bounds trying to save the ball and threw it extremely hard at a BYU player. It is a heads up play, but I don't think you have to throw it nearly as hard as he is.

Ya, he started to piss me off, after that 1st one, no need to throw it like, your hitting someone.

Just foreshadows the anger that would come out.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

EM_Puma wrote:What?

After saying three or four times that Henderson made a mistake, Boylen spent more time talking about a guy from BYU’s bench that he said escalated the situation. The guy he was talking about was Rob Ramos, head athletic trainer for BYU men’s basketball.
After going through the line and shaking all the BYU players’ hands after the game, Boylen made a beeline toward Ramos. He put his hands on either Ramos’ face or shoulders, and said something to the trainer.
“They had somebody come off their bench in a gray suit that was instigating everything. I don’t know what he was doing. But Dave [Rose] was fine. We were fine. Guys were fine.
“You know, there’s good kids on the floor. There’s respectful guys. We were fine. Everything was cool. But somebody came off their bench in a gray suit, and I don’t know what he was doing. I mean, we gotta be the adults.
“You know, I told [Jonathan] Tavernari I would kick his butt after the game, and he laughed. I told Jackson that I would punch him, and he would forget all about [Henderson] punching him. Just trying to calm it down. We got a great rivalry. We got great fans. You know, things happen, but we’re OK.
“Everybody overreacts to everything. Gosh, just keep playing. But you can’t have adults coming in and screwing the thing up. You know, Little League baseball around here.”
Asked if it was a case of boys being boys, Boylen said: “Please dont make a big deal. I know you will, but don’t.”

I'd have to watch the game again, I'm thinking it was in the first half, but once again one of Utah's players was chasing a ball out of bounds that would have gone to BYU. In mid-air he takes the ball and as if he were playing dodgeball, he throws that ball with all of his gusto back at, I believe, Tyler Haws and it ricochets off of Tyler out of bounds. You could see Tyler stand there for a moment with the look on his face, "He didn't just slam me with that ball that hard just trying to get the ball out on me? He stood for a second dazed. Immediately the question came to me, "How fricken hard can they throw a ball at someone to bounce it off of them out of bounds?" Because you could see right away that Haws was taken back by how hard the guy had just hit him with a leather basketball.

When you think about it, are there no rules about throwing a basketball at someone? I've seen this play a thousand times and never until tonight had I remembered seeing another team throw that ball with such force like say, just like I see my Scouts playing dodgeball.

Now I don't want to make this out to be more than it is, but I've seen many a players do this technique, but I just had never seen one doing it like he was trying to hurt the guy. My first reaction when I saw it was, "Hey, isn't intentionally throwing a ball at an opponent and not just trying to knock it out on him."

Believe me, we have Dustin Ryker, the former BYU OLman and Arena Football player in our ward and he hit me in the head with a dodgeball (they're much softer and padded) from about 30 feet and I saw stars, so throwing a BB with the force I saw on that one play and it connects to your head, you easily could have a black eye if not more. I think the concept was in the beginning to glance the ball off the legs of the opponent and get the ball out on them and Utah thinks that means you can heave a ball as hard as you can at any part of an opponents body. I don't think that was ever intended or should be intended to be allowed.

Funny that that thought would come to me in this game for the first time ever and later that would be what caused the Henderson backhand after a BYU player had the same feeling.
Of course Ramos came out on to the court, he's the trainer and his guy just went down. That's what the trainer does. It was a dead ball, this is a non-issue that Boylen is using to deflect his player's misdeeds. I can't see any other BBall Coach in the MWC deflecting the issue like this (except maybe NM's coach, but I doubt it). If I had any respect for Boylen before, it is now gone. I can understand punches being thrown in the middle of an emotional contest, although it shouldn't happen. I cannot understand a grown man, after stepping back to assess the situation, not being able to accept some blame, teach his player and bring some semblence of respect back to his program. Was there ever an apology or concern for Emery? This is Classless and unfortunately too often typical of :utard: .

CannonCougar85
All-American

Post by CannonCougar85 »

BYULV wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:What?

Of course Ramos came out on to the court, he's the trainer and his guy just went down. That's what the trainer does. It was a dead ball, this is a non-issue that Boylen is using to deflect his player's misdeeds. I can't see any other BBall Coach in the MWC deflecting the issue like this (except maybe NM's coach, but I doubt it). If I had any respect for Boylen before, it is now gone. I can understand punches being thrown in the middle of an emotional contest, although it shouldn't happen. I cannot understand a grown man, after stepping back to assess the situation, not being able to accept some blame, teach his player and bring some semblence of respect back to his program. Was there ever an apology or concern for Emery? This is Classless and unfortunately too often typical of :utard: .
This is right on!! When a player gets a forearm to the face and hits the floor the trainer is supposed to run out onto the court to see if the player needs medical attention!! It's what Ramos gets paid to do! Ramos also ran out to see if the ref was okay when he went down, was Ramos "escalating the situation" by doing that? Boylen is out of control.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
JamieVallen
Sophomore

Post by JamieVallen »

EM_Puma wrote: Believe me, we have Dustin Ryker, the former BYU OLman and Arena Football player in our ward and he hit me in the head with a dodgeball (they're much softer and padded) from about 30 feet and I saw stars, so throwing a BB with the force I saw on that one play and it connects to your head, you easily could have a black eye if not more. I think the concept was in the beginning to glance the ball off the legs of the opponent and get the ball out on them and Utah thinks that means you can heave a ball as hard as you can at any part of an opponents body. I don't think that was ever intended or should be intended to be allowed.
One of my favorite moments of playing church dodge ball in your ward was rocking Dustin in the chest and seeing it just bounce away from him and he had one of those helpless faces. :D Made me smile, but I assure you that guy can throw! and as he said those balls were soft but somehow he made them hurt. I definitely wouldn't want to be hit by a basketball like that...

BlueBlue
Recruit

Post by BlueBlue »

I just love that Henderson, and then Boylen, proved Max's point. :lol: The :utard:s just continue to prove him right.

My wife sat there and said "that's exactly what you would expect out of a :utard:

:D

There is a crack in everything God has made.
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

BYUROCKS wrote:
kitic77 wrote:That was the third time Henderson had jumped out of bounds trying to save the ball and threw it extremely hard at a BYU player. It is a heads up play, but I don't think you have to throw it nearly as hard as he is.

Ya, he started to piss me off, after that 1st one, no need to throw it like, your hitting someone.

Just foreshadows the anger that would come out.
The problem with this one is that a blocking foul had already been called on Emery and the whistle had already been blown, Henderson just threw the ball because he's a childish punk and thought he could get away with it (which he did, he only got in trouble for the forearm).

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,