What will happen to Henderson!!?

BYU Cougars on the court.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: What will happen to Henderson!!?

Post by EM_Puma »

Who was it that Ararujo got away with a backhand? Was it Bogut or someone before him?

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

craigoscarson wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:To me there is nothing worse than when you do something and then say, "...but so-and-so did whatever."

bigutefan - 1/30/2010 10:25:00 PM
Congrats on the win. Do we need to get out the YouTube video of Chris Miles as a freshmen kicking Andrew Bogut in the head after a play was over with Bogut laying on the ground. As usual, get off your high horses Yners. Your just as guilty of stuff as anybody. Henderson is not even looking when he throws his arm, not saying it was right, but I am not sure he knew how close the player was to him. Chris Miles kicked Andrew Bogut in the head when he was a freshmen......how easy you all forget. FIRE BOYLEN! GO UTES!

You know someone is lacking when they have to go point out something like that and now just deal with this issue. What does what Miles did five years ago have to do with what Henderson did. I'm not convinced he was knowingly swing to hit Jackson in the face, but he's accountable for being stupid in this case and it has nothing to do with whatever happened five years ago.

Didn't Miles break his foot kicking Bogut in the head? ;)
And wasn't it the consensus that it improved Bogut's looks? ;)
How many kicks would it have taken to improve Nevills looks?
Da*n it, Jim, I'm a doctor not a philosopher

Y&Brit
Freshman

Post by Y&Brit »

Nothing happens to Henderson. I can see it now: Boylen slaps him on the butt and says great play, then they embrace in the back of the bus and Henderson says: suit up, and the rest is ugly history

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

I think Boylen will make sure he misses a game. He suspended Drca when he tripped Blake Griffin. He said afterward that it was intentional (or at least it wasn't inadvertent).

I think Boylen does need to take some responsibility for this. This is the second time in two years one of his players has flown off the reservation and done something completely uncalled for and inappropriate. Twice his players have lost all control and made violent actions on the court.

I think he deserves some fault for this because he gives the impression that he is not fully in control on the court either. His antics, yelling and "passion" are too much some times. When you are not fully in control as a coach, it's tough to keep your players in check as well.

He did do a good job following the incident to settle his team down and keeping them away from BYU. But he needs to do a much better job of preventing his players of losing control like they do.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

kitic77 wrote:I think Boylen will make sure he misses a game. He suspended Drca when he tripped Blake Griffin. He said afterward that it was intentional (or at least it wasn't inadvertent).

I think Boylen does need to take some responsibility for this. This is the second time in two years one of his players has flown off the reservation and done something completely uncalled for and inappropriate. Twice his players have lost all control and made violent actions on the court.

I think he deserves some fault for this because he gives the impression that he is not fully in control on the court either. His antics, yelling and "passion" are too much some times. When you are not fully in control as a coach, it's tough to keep your players in check as well.

He did do a good job following the incident to settle his team down and keeping them away from BYU. But he needs to do a much better job of preventing his players of losing control like they do.
I don't think they have a choice. A flagrant foul/ejection is an automatic 1 game suspension.

BYUROCKS
Junior

Post by BYUROCKS »

craigoscarson wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:To me there is nothing worse than when you do something and then say, "...but so-and-so did whatever."

bigutefan - 1/30/2010 10:25:00 PM
Congrats on the win. Do we need to get out the YouTube video of Chris Miles as a freshmen kicking Andrew Bogut in the head after a play was over with Bogut laying on the ground. As usual, get off your high horses Yners. Your just as guilty of stuff as anybody. Henderson is not even looking when he throws his arm, not saying it was right, but I am not sure he knew how close the player was to him. Chris Miles kicked Andrew Bogut in the head when he was a freshmen......how easy you all forget. FIRE BOYLEN! GO UTES!

You know someone is lacking when they have to go point out something like that and now just deal with this issue. What does what Miles did five years ago have to do with what Henderson did. I'm not convinced he was knowingly swing to hit Jackson in the face, but he's accountable for being stupid in this case and it has nothing to do with whatever happened five years ago.

Didn't Miles break his foot kicking Bogut in the head? ;)
And wasn't it the consensus that it improved Bogut's looks? ;)
How many kicks would it have taken to improve Nevills looks?
42, (Urroner was the picture at 21)

BYUROCKS
Junior

Post by BYUROCKS »

Y&Brit wrote:Nothing happens to Henderson. I can see it now: Boylen slaps him on the butt and says great play, then they embrace in the back of the bus and Henderson says: suit up, and the rest is ugly history

I thought you were going to have Henderson say, Again coach slap me again. :sick: :sick: :utard: :utard: :sick: :sick:

JamieVallen
Sophomore

Post by JamieVallen »

I really don't think I like Boylen, I mean I obviously don't know him personally or anything, but I did think it was the right thing to do when after it all happened he went over to Emery and kind of seemed to check up on him a bit. So I guess that gives me a bit of respect for him, but yeah anyway.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

jmvcougar wrote:I really don't think I like Boylen, I mean I obviously don't know him personally or anything, but I did think it was the right thing to do when after it all happened he went over to Emery and kind of seemed to check up on him a bit. So I guess that gives me a bit of respect for him, but yeah anyway.
If you watch the video of the incident on this forum, it looks to me like Boylens job and career had just floated before his eyes and all of a sudden he realized a change of tune was in order....fast

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

MWC policy is 1 game auto-suspension. He won't get more than that.

He will sit out the CSU game and :utard: will lose to the Rams in Salt Lake.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars