Sneaky bastards

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Sneaky bastards

Post by BYUROCKS »

The Democratic-controlled Senate has muscled through a plan to allow the government to go a whopping $1.9 trillion deeper in debt.
The party-line 60-40 vote was successful only because Republican Sen.-elect Scott Brown has yet to be seated. Sixty votes were required to approve the increase. The measure would lift the debt ceiling to $14.3 trillion. That's about $45,000 for every American
I am sooo sick of this crap.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Sneaky bastards

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

As long as this country continues to elect Democrats and Republicans, we can expect politics as usual.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Unfortunately, I don't think we have much option other than raising the debt level. We certainly don't seem to be inclined to cutting spending or default on our loans. Bottom line, our entire country and financial system is a house of cards and it's only a matter of time before it falls.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

kitic77 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think we have much option other than raising the debt level. We certainly don't seem to be inclined to cutting spending or default on our loans. Bottom line, our entire country and financial system is a house of cards and it's only a matter of time before it falls.
But we're too big to fail!

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think we have much option other than raising the debt level. We certainly don't seem to be inclined to cutting spending or default on our loans. Bottom line, our entire country and financial system is a house of cards and it's only a matter of time before it falls.
Yeah, there were a couple of cities in the Book of Mormon that thought that. :roll: :bug:

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Come on Man. Live in the now. Who think about the future these days? :sulk:

urroner
Heisman Winner

Post by urroner »

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
CougarPeasant
All-American

Post by CougarPeasant »

bigbluepuma wrote:
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Yeah, there were a couple of cities in the Book of Mormon that thought that. :roll: :bug:
There you go, bringing religion into this. :P

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

CougarPeasant wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
There you go, bringing religion into this. :P
:lol:

BOID
Junior

Post by BOID »

There is no need to continue the insanity of unbridled government growth and deficit spending. Those politicians who would continue to push for the above, are those who resent individual success because they were spoiled children themselves who cannot make it on their own in the realm of individual responsibility. They have learned that they can advance their own power and influence by confiscation from you and I and our children. They will never care about national debt. If anything, such collective debt only serves to further empower them as stewards of humanity.

You're right, BYUROCKS. They ARE sneaky bastards, and masquerading as altruists to hide their selfishness. And they will PAY for their excesses in November.