BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: I Love Miles as a Person...

Post by BroncoBot »

Schmoe wrote:
Italics wrote:
Schmoe wrote:Say what you will about Miles, but he OWNED every one of Utah's big men that he defended. He may not do a ton on the offensive end, but I think he's seriously underrated when defending other bigs.
That's the thing I don't get... how do you play so aggressively on defense and then play like such a passive coward on the other end of the court?
I'd be surprised if we have more than one or two plays for him to take the shot and I think it makes him a little gun shy on the offensive end. Our guards are supposed to do most of the scoring the way our offense is set up and I think that's why he usually passes it back out. He's also not the greatest help defender coming across for the block, but one-on-one in the post I'll take him any day.
He did great defending the high screens on the perimeter yesterday. Pretty darn quick for a guy his size. Too bad he can't turn that into offensive production.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Miles had 11 rebounds. That may have been a career high. He didn't shoot well (1-5) but I thought he played very well last night.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

kitic77 wrote:Miles had 11 rebounds. That may have been a career high.
It was. Which is kind of sad. He's a senior center, a 2nd-year starter, and this was the first double-digit rebound game of his career...

I'm kind of curious what the career-high in rebounds is for freshman Davies, freshman Haws, sophomore Hartsock, and sophomore Abou...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Mars wrote:
It was. Which is kind of sad. He's a senior center, a 2nd-year starter, and this was the first double-digit rebound game of his career...

I'm kind of curious what the career-high in rebounds is for freshman Davies, freshman Haws, sophomore Hartsock, and sophomore Abou...
Also was the first ever double digit rebounding night for Chris.

FurriousCougar
Freshman

Post by FurriousCougar »

declocoug wrote:
Mars wrote:

Also was the first ever double digit rebounding night for Chris.
Hey guys, did you know that this was the FIRST ever double digit rebounding game for Miles of his whole career!? I feel like there was another first this year too...