Gov't Run Healthcare = Not Happening

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Gov't Run Healthcare = Not Happening

Post by Italics »

The dem's losing the Massachusetts senatorial race was a HUGE blow to them.

Yeah... that's it.

Really, it is.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
snoscythe
Retired

Re: Gov't Run Healthcare = Not Happening

Post by snoscythe »

I hate to say it, but Ted Kennedy's most notable contribution to politics may have been dying.....and giving us a lot of drinking/driving/swimming jokes....and dying.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

snoscythe wrote:I hate to say it, but Ted Kennedy's most notable contribution to politics may have been dying.....and giving us a lot of drinking/driving/swimming jokes....and dying.
Don't forget dying, that was huge.

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

The very fact that a republican was in the race for the "Ted Kennedy" seat ought to make it abundantly clear to the powers that be in Washington, that it was a referendum on the health care bill, and that the people of America don't want it. They, however, just go merrily on their way, because they are the "intelligent" ones. We, the people are too stupid to know what is good for us. Watch how long the dems drag their feet on getting the new senator seated. :sick:

BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUROCKS »

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

It's hilarious to see the infighting among the Democrats come to a head. This is my favorite of the day so far:
Liberal New York Democrat Anthony Weiner ridiculed House Democratic leaders for holding a meeting to brief House Democrats on negotiations with the White House on a health care bill, telling reporters, "They're talking as if, 'What our deal is, what our negotiators are at the White House' -- yeah, and then the last line is, 'Pigs fly out of my ass' ... it's just, we've got to recognize we are in an entirely different scenario."
Another favorite was Pelosi last night cackling about how the people in Massachusetts don't have standing to deny a public option to the nation when they already have a public state option. Wouldn't people who have lived with a public system be better qualified to weigh in on the matter Madam Speaker?

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:I hate to say it, but Ted Kennedy's most notable contribution to politics may have been dying.....and giving us a lot of drinking/driving/swimming jokes....and dying.
Don't forget dying, that was huge.
Great timing, I might add. 8) 8)

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

I woke up this morning to the radio reporting that Sweet Nancy Palosi is trying to spin it that the election of Brown is NOT a referendum on the health care bill. She is the most out of touch with the American people, power hungry, bald faced liar in the entire corrupt government.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BoiseBYU wrote:It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare
Not to mention the obligation for ERs to serve walk-ins regardless of ability to pay/citizenship. That's a big part of the reason why things are so expensive, and also why so many hospitals are fleeing inner cities and impoverished areas for suburbs without public transit access.