Gov't Run Healthcare = Not Happening

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Gov't Run Healthcare = Not Happening

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare
Not to mention the obligation for ERs to serve walk-ins regardless of ability to pay/citizenship. That's a big part of the reason why things are so expensive, and also why so many hospitals are fleeing inner cities and impoverished areas for suburbs without public transit access.
Reasons for health care reform, I'd say. I do not have answers and I do not like what is evolving in D.C., but I do believe this: we have a dysfunctional health care system that puts us at a competitive disadvantage in the global economy and, for the money spent, does not do a particularly good job of providing health care....

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

BoiseBYU wrote:It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare
Yeah, it works well, too doesn't it?

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

bigbluepuma wrote:
I think so

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

bigbluepuma wrote:
In general, I think so

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

BoiseBYU wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
I think so
Two completely bankrupt systems that have overspent tenfold are working well?

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Schmoe wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
I think so
I am no expert on all of this, but I understand that Medicaid provides health care at a cost less than most insurance programs. The Medicare program is ballooning in cost in part because of a growing older population and a new drug prescription program the President and Congress decided to provide without figuring a way to pay for it. You do hit on the head one of the big problems with health care and that are the growing costs we have experienced with health care. Health care costs are something that demand attention and reform, something the current democrat proposal does much too little and the republicans simply choose to ignore

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

I do agree with Boise that something needs to be done. I DO NOT agree with how our govt is going about it. For one, not one single person knows what the reform bills contain. NOT ONE!!!! So much for transparency. I'd love to see what is going on with the bill so I could either hate it or love it. Alas, I'm stuck with simply listening to pundits talk about what they think is in the bills which of course they sensationalize to get their ratings. I read an article a while ago that really made me think about the way health care should be run. Check it out, let me know why this type of system hasn't been implemented. All seems really logical, but then, nothing our govt is doing at this moment is really logical.

article

In any case I'm starting to think this issue is much deeper than just dem vs rep. It's becoming an issue of the govt taking every freedom away that we will let them. Eh, maybe I'm just paranoid.

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

Schmoe wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
I think so
Mine was TIC :roll:

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

declocoug wrote:I do agree with Boise that something needs to be done. I DO NOT agree with how our govt is going about it. For one, not one single person knows what the reform bills contain. NOT ONE!!!! So much for transparency. I'd love to see what is going on with the bill so I could either hate it or love it. Alas, I'm stuck with simply listening to pundits talk about what they think is in the bills which of course they sensationalize to get their ratings. I read an article a while ago that really made me think about the way health care should be run. Check it out, let me know why this type of system hasn't been implemented. All seems really logical, but then, nothing our govt is doing at this moment is really logical.

article

In any case I'm starting to think this issue is much deeper than just dem vs rep. It's becoming an issue of the govt taking every freedom away that we will let them. Eh, maybe I'm just paranoid.

No, you are just correct. They have already shown, in the last fewmonths, how they want to run health care. Less diagnostics, and less care. They want to socialize medical care, no matter how they try to spin it. Ask anyone in the UK how well that works. :roll: :~( :angry:

bigbluepuma
All-American

Post by bigbluepuma »

Pres. Obama was just on the news, spinning Brown's election as being just more of the same reason that he was elected. Translation: FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!! :skeptic: :bug: :roll: :~( :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: