Scathing review of Potato Bowl

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Scathing review of Potato Bowl

Post by hawkwing »

I hesitate to even post this as it's such a scathing review of BYU and Kalani.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Re: Scathing review of Potato Bowl

Post by frdbtr »

I can't disagree with him other than when he says that the worse BYU plays the more fans love Kalani. I think that might be true of the administration, but not the fans.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:17 am I can't disagree with him other than when he says that the worse BYU plays the more fans love Kalani. I think that might be true of the administration, but not the fans.
Yeah, there's a reason his Coach's show has empty seats

jadesroom
Freshman

Who is thecomeback.com?

Post by jadesroom »

I just wonder if the person/organization has national relevance. On a BYU fan level, I've heard much worse on here.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

Oh no.....some guy with a twitter account who describes himself as "Some guy from Ogden that likes BYU, The Killers, Brazil, and Weber State." doesn't like Sitake, or this bowl game matchup. Boo hoo.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Fido wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:33 pm Oh no.....some guy with a twitter account who describes himself as "Some guy from Ogden that likes BYU, The Killers, Brazil, and Weber State." doesn't like Sitake, or this bowl game matchup. Boo hoo.
I think you're confusing the person who quote tweeted the original tweet as the author. Chappy is the guy from Ogden. TheComeback, I have no idea who they are, but I don't think they are a Utah based sporting account.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

hawkwing wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:42 pm
Fido wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:33 pm Oh no.....some guy with a twitter account who describes himself as "Some guy from Ogden that likes BYU, The Killers, Brazil, and Weber State." doesn't like Sitake, or this bowl game matchup. Boo hoo.
I think you're confusing the person who quote tweeted the original tweet as the author. Chappy is the guy from Ogden. TheComeback, I have no idea who they are, but I don't think they are a Utah based sporting account.
Author is Yesh Ginsburg. No, I've never heard of him before either. There is little to no background on him so I doubt he is anyone of any reputation either.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

I’ve pretty much figured out that if I want to get out of the Christmas spirit, just come on here and read. That’ll do the trick. The negativity is over the top in my judgment. Bag bag bag. Whine whine whine. The grass is always greener with some other mythical AD or coach or player or play caller. We should’ve gone undefeated or 10-2 and to not do so in inexcusable. Wah wah wah. Jettison the honor code! Ignore academic standards! Sure things aren’t as good as even a reasonable fan would like, and I understand that places like this are more likely to appeal to the bellyachers than those seeing something good and worth acknowledging, but man, What a bunch of gloom and doom. I hope things turn around for you. I doubt saying the same things over and over will. But maybe I’m wrong.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

I wonder how many more losing or 6-6 seasons it will take before some fans actually turn on this guy. I can't believe that all of BYU fandom isn't up in arms. For crying out loud, 8-5 or 9-3 wasn't good enough for Bronco and now all of a sudden, 6-6 and the Idaho Potato bowl is a step in the right direction.