Who will have more touchdowns at the end of the 1st Qtr?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Who will have more TDs at the end of the 1st quarter (read carefully)

Poll ended at Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:42 pm

BYU's offense
46%
Utah's defense
54%

Total votes: 13

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Who will have more touchdowns at the end of the 1st Qtr?

Post by hawkwing »

Here's a fun poll, who will have more touchdowns at the finish of the first quarter.

Please answer truthfully.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Re: Who will have more touchdowns at the end of the 1st Qtr?

Post by ABYUFAN »

My thought is that it will be zero for both. Utah's offense, however, will have 2.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

hawkwing wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 pm Here's a fun poll...
I don't know hawkwing, not having too much fun even thinking about it based on past years.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

ABYUFAN wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:04 pm My thought is that it will be zero for both. Utah's offense, however, will have 2.
Frankly, this might be a best case scenario for BYU. :angry:

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

You guys are lame. BYU wins this one 16-13.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
El Guapo
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU is OK

Post by El Guapo »

jvquarterback wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:39 am You guys are lame. BYU wins this one 16-13.
How? Back in 2016 the Utes turned it over 6 times and still won the game, vs. a Taysom Hill led offense no less. Everything would have to go right for BYU and everything wrong for Utah for the Utes to lose.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

jvquarterback wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:39 am You guys are lame. BYU wins this one 16-13.
If this game goes even close to the way that our last 2 overmatched opponents faired, the utes will be up by 2 td's at the end of the 1st quarter. Will BYU's offense be able to catch up to that? Will BYU's defense be able to start stopping the utes? Boise State was also up by 2 TD's after the 1st quarter as well, BYU made a game of it but still lost. This team simply does not know how to start a game and it bites them in the butt more often than not. I may be lame but I have no faith that a Kalani Sitake led BYU football team will ever beat a Kyle Whittingham led ute team.

El Guapo
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU is OK

Post by El Guapo »

frdbtr wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:54 pm
If this game goes even close to the way that our last 2 overmatched opponents faired, the utes will be up by 2 td's at the end of the 1st quarter. Will BYU's offense be able to catch up to that? Will BYU's defense be able to start stopping the utes? Boise State was also up by 2 TD's after the 1st quarter as well, BYU made a game of it but still lost. This team simply does not know how to start a game and it bites them in the butt more often than not. I may be lame but I have no faith that a Kalani Sitake led BYU football team will ever beat a Kyle Whittingham led ute team.
Spot on! Sitake is no head football coach as much as Tom Holmoe is no AD.

BOID
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BOID »

I beg to differ. There is every reason to believe that past results in this rivalry will not determine the result this time. The Utes played over their heads and out of their minds against BYU in the past. Bronco, although a great coach in some ways, continued to make the error of calling the rivalry “just another game like any other game.”

Sitake takes this game seriously. In 2016, Sitake’s first year, honestly, the Utes were lucky to squeak that one by. One point up, not controlling the game, because Taysom had a shot at them from the two yard line at the end. Last year does not count, because the team had problems, and Mangum had issues.

This year, this team has the athletes and the game plan to go toe to toe with Utah. Sure, BYU could lose. But it is definitely not outside of the realm of possibilities for this group of Cougars to come out sufficiently fired up, and to have the bounces go their way for once.

Utah does not respect BYU. After seven consecutive wins, they have even begun to think the game with BYU is meaningless to them. Sitake knows the significance of this game, and these Cougars are not going to come into it uninspired.

I know we’re missing Corbin, but Utah’s roster is not full of supermen, as some of you guys seem to imply. BYU has speed on D, with LB’s, DB’s, some real receivers among the tight ends (finally), some large, fierce linemen, and finally, a damn good QB, who, although a freshman, has developed some confidence by now. Utah’s QB is also new to starting, although a redshirt freshman. I’ll bet on our QB over theirs.

I think we’re evenly matched with them, and there’s no cause to be calling this a loss just yet. And if we lose, consider this a warm up game for a bunch of Cougar freshmen and sophomores, that, with further experience, will be the better squad of the two rivals by next season.

Just my two cents.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

We are evenly matched talent wise. Coaching wise, we are way over our heads. That is the difference and why I have no faith in BYU's shot at winning this game. I hope they prove me wrong, but I have no faith.