I'm done with this coaching staff

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I'm done with this coaching staff

Post by frdbtr »

to start off, I felt that BYU was going to lose this game before it started. I knew USU was a good team and an explosive offense but I had hoped that the Wisconsin version of the BYU team would show up. Well, BYU got dominated physically both offensively and defensively and that is simply unacceptable IMO. This coaching staff, especially the defensive, is simply too soft. BYU should never get dominated physically at home against Utah state, never. I couldn't care less if BYU wins out (I'm pretty sure they won't, they may lose to Hawaii next week), I want this coaching staff gone and one hired who can get the players to put a physical whipping on the other team even in a loss. I can guarandamntee you that a Bronco led football team would have played much more physical than this one does. Bronco's teams used to deal out the punishment, especially on defense. I know a lot of you are going to eye roll with me bringing up Bronco again but that is just life when the boosters run off a good coach because they don't like his personality and bring in one of the good ole boys and now we get dominated physically by Utah state at home. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :sick: :sulk:

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: I'm done with this coaching staff

Post by Mars »

Kalani will likely get another year. Sad but true.

But as a trade-off, Tuiaki needs to be gone. I'm not going to another game with him as DC.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Mars wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:49 pm Kalani will likely get another year. Sad but true.

But as a trade-off, Tuiaki needs to be gone. I'm not going to another game with him as DC.
I love BYU football. It is the only sport I follow passionately anymore. I will find it really hard to watch next year if Him and Tuiaki are still here. I am seriously done with this coaching staff. They need to go.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Folks, if you want change, you need to do two things:
1) Let Holmoe know how dissatisfied you are.
2) Not go to anymore BYU games.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I don't know how much time the receivers spend catching balls in practice but it needs to double.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Gunk wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:45 am Folks, if you want change, you need to do two things:
Can't do #2, but we slide into another losing season like last year I won't be afraid to get my paper bag ready.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Brayden Green wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:38 pm
Gunk wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:45 am Folks, if you want change, you need to do two things:
Can't do #2, but we slide into another losing season like last year I won't be afraid to get my paper bag ready.
There are enough winnable games left on the schedule that there is ZERO REASON to have a losing record.

Like I said in another thread, even if we lose to Boise State and Utah, and split Hawaii and UMass, we should still beat Northern Illinois and New Mexico State. That would get us to 6 wins.

Less than that shows a breathtakingly incompetent coaching staff and implosion of a team that is hard to imagine.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

I know USU is a good team and I actually didn't expect BYU to win this game but I did hope for a competitive showing. I wasn't expecting to get completely manhandled by a team who has no more talent (probably less talent) than we have. I actually have no faith in us being able to win most of the rest of our games with the exception of Umass.

screamineagle2
Recruit

Post by screamineagle2 »

Umass scored 42 on an undefeated South Florida today. I have my doubts that they even win that one plus the added bonus that they beat BYU last year. I started drinking just a little blue Kool Aid after Wisconsin but have spit it all out because it tastes like bile.Its a sad time to be a Cougar Football fan. All stumbling into a bowl does is prolong the agony. I dont hold out much hope that the current staff can get it done and I do not see anyone else out there to take over.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Before one goes too far, I think there’s a rule of life to be remembered: it can always get worse. Always. So go forward with care.