Shut down the ENTIRE Michigan State athletic department.

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Shut down the ENTIRE Michigan State athletic department.

Post by SpiffCoug »

Grant all their athletes an immediate release to transfer to any program and are eligible immediately.

My goodness. This might be worse than Penn State.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Shut down the ENTIRE Michigan State athletic department.

Post by hawkwing »

This story gets worse by the day. It creates a strong argument that state sponsored institutions should not be involved in athletics at all. Anywhere.

tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

Why would the school officials protect this guy? What's the motivation? You can understand with Penn State and Ohio State that, while morally reprehensible, the power and money of a top college football program can lead people to do whatever it takes to maintain the status quo...but this guy? Some school doctor?

Yeah, shut the whole thing down, send everyone you can prove had knowledge to jail. If nothing else, maybe you can prevent other schools from protecting guys like this.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

tmoney35 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:42 pm Why would the school officials protect this guy? What's the motivation? You can understand with Penn State and Ohio State that, while morally reprehensible, the power and money of a top college football program can lead people to do whatever it takes to maintain the status quo...but this guy? Some school doctor?

Yeah, shut the whole thing down, send everyone you can prove had knowledge to jail. If nothing else, maybe you can prevent other schools from protecting guys like this.
protect image/reputation?

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

SpiffCoug wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 pm Grant all their athletes an immediate release to transfer to any program and are eligible immediately.

My goodness. This might be worse than Penn State.

I agree with you Spiff even that it might be worse than Penn State. As much as I have loved football and basketball, winning is not that important that you'd cover up a heinous crime like this. This guy is going to jail for a long time but I agree with Tmoney he should not be the only one, not by a long shot. Obviously, if they don't make the punishment severe enough it will happen again and again.