revote 2016

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: revote 2016

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Any Trump supporters want to sell me their Harley that they will now refuse to ride? I'm interested at $500.
SCJ nominees>>>>>>>>>>> higher priced Harley due to some (potentially) bad economic policies.

But you do you. Democrats promised lower healthcare. Maybe time to join them if you want promises of lower cost, no matter the economic real world implications.

I thank the heavens everyday we didn't get HRc. USA Dodged a cannonball by inches.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 pm
BoiseBYU wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm
ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Any Trump supporters want to sell me their Harley that they will now refuse to ride? I'm interested at $500.
Harley Davidsons are not efficient, exceptionally powerful or reliable.

Harley riders love their bikes IN SPITE of their bikes. Now they can love them in spite of the CEO's opinions as well.
Haha spot on! And now there will be fewer American workers building those Harleys for Americans to love in spite of....
I'm not certain that there will be any fewer American workers building Harleys. It looked to me that the production for overseas Harleys are what's going to be sent out - My impression are those are the Street 500/750 bikes which are largely produced overseas already. I have no idea as to the amount of domestically produced Harleys that are exported to begin with. So I don't know enough about the production Harleys to comment here - but like any good American I will not let that lack of knowledge stop me from spouting something off.
Harley D said it was moving some US based production to Europe due to tariffs. Moving that production will mean fewer US workers methinks even if the bikes were destined for Europe....

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

BoiseBYU wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm
ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 pm
BoiseBYU wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm
ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Harley Davidsons are not efficient, exceptionally powerful or reliable.

Harley riders love their bikes IN SPITE of their bikes. Now they can love them in spite of the CEO's opinions as well.
Haha spot on! And now there will be fewer American workers building those Harleys for Americans to love in spite of....
I'm not certain that there will be any fewer American workers building Harleys. It looked to me that the production for overseas Harleys are what's going to be sent out - My impression are those are the Street 500/750 bikes which are largely produced overseas already. I have no idea as to the amount of domestically produced Harleys that are exported to begin with. So I don't know enough about the production Harleys to comment here - but like any good American I will not let that lack of knowledge stop me from spouting something off.
Harley D said it was moving some US based production to Europe due to tariffs. Moving that production will mean fewer US workers methinks even if the bikes were destined for Europe....
We're probably both saying the same thing - we agree that fewer bikes means less production - means means fewer shifts. What I was not clear in saying is that I don't know if that means fewer seasonal or part time shifts or overtime shifts or if it is significant enough to effect an entire assembly line. It may be that the same number of employees are there, but they just have fewer overtime opportunities. Maybe a distinction without a difference.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

My two cents. I would vote once again for Trump who turned out to be even more Conservative than one of my most favorite presidents Ronald Reagan (at least to this point). I was of the opinion that we didn't need another "politician" but a true executive and Trump has shown that that is what we got.
As for all these tariffs etc. they are bargaining points and ploys. If you just talk and don't show action then nobody takes you serious which is what every President has been doing since Bush Sr rode the RR coattails to a presidency (and several presidents before him-I'm especially looking at you Jimmy!). Just give him some time and watch as our "friends" learn that they can no longer take advantage of us and start playing fair.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Late to this thread. Trump wasn't exactly my ideal candidate but I find myself rooting for him because he ticks off the liberals so much. And they're a thousand times worse than he is. Just him putting justices that actually follow the Constitution on the Supreme Court is a good thing.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

With this trade war, China might way until the next president election before they are willing to talk. They could be patient enough to wait that long for someone else who will cave in.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

After today’s press conference, I think the issue of whether Trump colluded with Putin is moot. I can’t figure what he’d have done or said different if he were a colluder. Sure the economy is going smoothly. But at the price of a Russian collaborator? God help this country.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BoiseBYU wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:42 pm After today’s press conference, I think the issue of whether Trump colluded with Putin is moot. I can’t figure what he’d have done or said different if he were a colluder. Sure the economy is going smoothly. But at the price of a Russian collaborator? God help this country.
Actions speak louder than press conferences to me. And trump has had plenty of teeth for russia along with those pats on the head to putin.

so far we have 12 guys posting crap on facebook as collusion (anyone here even use facebook, let alone become influenced by what you read on there)? I'm not impressed with 2 years of investigation from mueller at this rate.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BoiseBYU wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:42 pm After today’s press conference, I think the issue of whether Trump colluded with Putin is moot. I can’t figure what he’d have done or said different if he were a colluder. Sure the economy is going smoothly. But at the price of a Russian collaborator? God help this country.
I think Trump has a problem when he speaks off the cuff in drawing a distinction between Russian meddling (which he has acknowledged in the past took place) and his campaign colluding with Russia as part of that meddling (which he has always denied).

The press conference is overblown IMHO. I don't think this is any more treasonous that Obama telling Medvedev in 2012 to "tell Vladimir that after the election I will have more flexibility" to negotiate nuclear missiles. I don't have a problem with Trump expressing distrust of the political individuals at the top of our national intelligence when it was led by guys like James Clapper (DNI) and John Brennan (CIA Dir), both of whom lied under oath to Congress to further political aims and protect Obama. To me, saying he doesn't trust them is about as treasonous as a Democrat saying they don't trust Trump. What's controversial about expressing distrust of proven liars?

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

snoscythe wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 am
I think Trump has a problem when he speaks off the cuff in drawing a distinction between Russian meddling (which he has acknowledged in the past took place) and his campaign colluding with Russia as part of that meddling (which he has always denied).

The press conference is overblown IMHO. I don't think this is any more treasonous that Obama telling Medvedev in 2012 to "tell Vladimir that after the election I will have more flexibility" to negotiate nuclear missiles. I don't have a problem with Trump expressing distrust of the political individuals at the top of our national intelligence when it was led by guys like James Clapper (DNI) and John Brennan (CIA Dir), both of whom lied under oath to Congress to further political aims and protect Obama. To me, saying he doesn't trust them is about as treasonous as a Democrat saying they don't trust Trump. What's controversial about expressing distrust of proven liars?
I think words do matter, particularly when you are the President of the United States. Throwing your entire intelligence community under the bus (not just former intelligence officers), including his man who is leading the intelligence work, Dan Coats, is egregiously wrong. Trump's actions this last week were more than a few words off the cuff. Virtually everything he did in Europe last week, not just the press conference, worked to undercut NATO and our European allies and gave support to a leader who sanctions murder, murderous rulers, and corruption. This was a bad week for the United States. I am not up to speed on the 12 Russian intelligence officers charged with crimes under federal criminal law...I assume they did more than just post on FaceBook?