revote 2016

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: revote 2016

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I think it's good to see bipartisan action going on in Washington. If Never Trump supporters can help bring about some good conservative policies by working with certain Democrats, that's great news.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

nuk13 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:56 pm I voted for Mr. Trump and I would not change. He has been good for the economy. He hasn't let other nations bully us. I read opinions that we are not held in high esteem by other nations (probably because he isn't doling out our money to them). That doesn't bother me as I live here not there. I am also glad he beat Hilary.
Fair enough on the economy so far, but he's going off the tracks on his protectionist/anti trade nonsense. If he really does push through all this tariff stuff then the economy will not stay good.

And by the way, no one is bullying us. This poor us victimization garbage Trump likes to keep spewing is embarrassing nonsense. The country that comes closest to trying to bully the US is the one Trump is the nicest to - RUSSIA.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

This separating families at the border policy seems unnecessarily cruel to me. Apparently to the Bretheren as well:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has long expressed its position that immigration reform should strengthen families and keep them together. The forced separation of children from their parents now occurring at the U.S.-Mexico border is harmful to families, especially to young children. We are deeply troubled by the aggressive and insensitive treatment of these families. While we recognize the right of all nations to enforce their laws and secure their borders, we encourage our national leaders to take swift action to correct this situation and seek for rational, compassionate solutions.

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/ ... ico-border

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

wow.
I am gonna double down on my Trump vote with today's SCOTuS Kennedy news. Never have I felt better about Trump being elected.

I can't even imagine HRC choosing even a single SCJ. But 2? We'd have been dead.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Any Trump supporters want to sell me their Harley that they will now refuse to ride? I'm interested at $500.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

hawkwing wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Any Trump supporters want to sell me their Harley that they will now refuse to ride? I'm interested at $500.
Harley Davidsons are not efficient, exceptionally powerful or reliable.

Harley riders love their bikes IN SPITE of their bikes. Now they can love them in spite of the CEO's opinions as well.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

The Harley CEO is about to get fired.

Not only is he tone-deaf to his customer base and their political leanings, he's conveniently omitting the fact that in February he was lobbying Trump for put the screws to India because they had 75% tariffs on Harley imports. Trump threatened tariffs and an embargo against India, and India blinked and cut Harley Davidson tariffs by nearly half.

Just 4 short months later, he wants to ding Trump for his trade and tariff practices after encouraging him in the first place.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Harley riders love their bikes IN SPITE of their bikes. Now they can love them in spite of the CEO's opinions as well.
Haha spot on! And now there will be fewer American workers building those Harleys for Americans to love in spite of....

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

BoiseBYU wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm
ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Haha spot on! And now there will be fewer American workers building those Harleys for Americans to love in spite of....
I'm not certain that there will be any fewer American workers building Harleys. It looked to me that the production for overseas Harleys are what's going to be sent out - My impression are those are the Street 500/750 bikes which are largely produced overseas already. I have no idea as to the amount of domestically produced Harleys that are exported to begin with. So I don't know enough about the production Harleys to comment here - but like any good American I will not let that lack of knowledge stop me from spouting something off.