Trump and guns!

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Trump and guns!

Post by imuakahuku »

hawkwing wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:45 pm Lets stay on topic here. This thread should only be in regards to the public, confirmed comments that Donald Trump made stating, step 1, take away the guns. Step 2, due process.
I think a little more explanation is needed. What Trump was saying was that when there is overwhelming evidence that there is eminent danger act now and then investigate. A lot of people were saying the FBI could have done nothing until he acted and this was in response to that statement. He did not say grab everyone’s guns and then have due process. There are precedents for this kind of action such as restraining orders. You can get one against another even if there is only a reasonable suspicion that one person may harm another.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

imuakahuku wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:59 am
hawkwing wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:45 pm Lets stay on topic here. This thread should only be in regards to the public, confirmed comments that Donald Trump made stating, step 1, take away the guns. Step 2, due process.
I think a little more explanation is needed. What Trump was saying was that when there is overwhelming evidence that there is eminent danger act now and then investigate. A lot of people were saying the FBI could have done nothing until he acted and this was in response to that statement. He did not say grab everyone’s guns and then have due process. There are precedents for this kind of action such as restraining orders. You can get one against another even if there is only a reasonable suspicion that one person may harm another.
That is the current spin to explain his statements, yes.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

hawkwing wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:38 am
imuakahuku wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:59 am
That is the current spin to explain his statements, yes.
I heard him say it himself in a sound bite. So I will have to go with it being his spin of what he meant when he said it.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

BlueK wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:01 pm I doubt much of anything happens because his main fanbase isn't going to approve of new gun laws.
Amen.