Castle

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Metal Bubba
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Castle

Post by Metal Bubba »

Since that skinny little Sonata Arctica fan started a thread about a TV show, here's mine. I've heard good things about Castle from people with opinions that I respect. Plus, my wife has been watching it and she never wacthes TV. So... I watched the first two episodes last night on DVD. It was strong, real strong. I've liked Nathan Fillion since the Firefly days. The chick detective is smokin' hawt, so that's a plus too.

So to those in the know... did the show peak at the start or has it gotten better?

Discuss.

:)

PS - Italics, you know I love you bro.

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Castle

Post by SpiffCoug »

My wife and I like this show as well. She even bought me the novel that "Rick Castle" wrote while researching the NYPD. It's been getting beter. And yes Stana Katic is quite easy on the eyes. She's very deceptively hot too. Definitely a good show that has gotten better and I believe has been picked up for the rest of the year and at least another season after this.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I watched the pilot and found it weak. That coupled with the fact that it's on ABC, and I don't watch anything other than sports on ABC, caused me to discount it. It sounds as if it has stepped up though, maybe I'll have to give it another chance.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

The first season (only a half season of like 8 episodes) weren't spectacular. But My wife and I liked it and were happy it was picked up for a full season. This season, is much better than the first pilot-half season. I think it'd be worth a second chance.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

ABC is the only network DirecTV doesn't carry in HD for Waco. So, ever since they killed Pushing Daisies, I haven't watched any ABC shows. It really blows for football games, but it does give me a decent excuse to get out to Buffalo Wild Wings on a regular basis.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

snoscythe wrote:ABC is the only network DirecTV doesn't carry in HD for Waco. So, ever since they killed Pushing Daisies, I haven't watched any ABC shows. It really blows for football games, but it does give me a decent excuse to get out to Buffalo Wild Wings on a regular basis.
Pushing Daisies was a fantastic show, I'm glad we got to watch it in HD though, the colors and cinematography added a lot to that show.

Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

kitic77 wrote:The first season (only a half season of like 8 episodes) weren't spectacular. But My wife and I liked it and were happy it was picked up for a full season. This season, is much better than the first pilot-half season. I think it'd be worth a second chance.
I haven't watched much, but I liked how they used the characters infinitely more in later episodes than in the pilot.

CougarPeasant
All-American

Post by CougarPeasant »

Castle is decent. There is good chemistry between the writer and the detective and yes, she's easy on the eyes. It is a definite change from CSU and L&O, both very overexposed.

Pushing Daisies was terrific for the first 5 or so episodes, then it got crazy and the hook wore thin. It deserved to be pulled.

Chuck, on the other hand, is a better show than both and has even prettier eye candy.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Don't forget to catch the 2 hour premiere of Chuck this Sunday!

Metal Bubba
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Metal Bubba »

I've never watched Chuck. I take it that I should? I gotta be selective in what I watch, since I don't usually watch a whole lot of TV.

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey