Women's Soccer 2016

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Women's Soccer 2016

Post by BlueK »

scott715 wrote:http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college- ... ings/women

TopDrawer now has us #15. I thought we would be higher than that.
This ranking came out on Monday morning, so before the Utah game.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

During the 2nd half the announcers were starting to get frustrated that BYU was showing to clearly be the better team and they struggled coping with that notion and their commentary suffered.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

SpiffCoug wrote:During the 2nd half the announcers were starting to get frustrated that BYU was showing to clearly be the better team and they struggled coping with that notion and their commentary suffered.
Kind of satisfying to see that. BYU is the much superior team. If they can win at Penn State and blow out an SEC team, it shouldn't surprise anyone with a brain that they can beat a lower-tier P12 team that wasn't expected to be very good anyway. Washington State is much better than Utah, and BYU beat them on the road as well.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Staying healthy will a key this season.

(8.4x
..................ATT
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BlueK wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:During the 2nd half the announcers were starting to get frustrated that BYU was showing to clearly be the better team and they struggled coping with that notion and their commentary suffered.
Kind of satisfying to see that. BYU is the much superior team. If they can win at Penn State and blow out an SEC team, it shouldn't surprise anyone with a brain that they can beat a lower-tier P12 team that wasn't expected to be very good anyway. Washington State is much better than Utah, and BYU beat them on the road as well.
But it's also pretty annoying at the same time. There is no reason anyone who understands NCAA womens soccer should think BYU beating Utah is anything close to an upset. BYU has won 12 of the last 14 contests, is always nationally ranked and regularly advances in the NCAA tournament. Utah has only made it past the first round of the NCAAs one time in their entire history.

This kind of crap is what really annoys me about the whole p5 status thing.
Last edited by BlueK on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

BYU now ranked #7 on the coaches poll.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Awesome match tonight! BYU v SMU, who was the highest scoring team in the nation. I was a little nervous when I heard that, but no sweat. Our high-powered offense and stiff defense (including the "Great Wall of Brigham", Hannah Clark, who was outstanding, with a couple of great saves) shut them out, 4-0, and just really handled them. Goals by Vasconcelos (2), Hunt-Barker and Medeiros. Great play tonight. Man! The last goal by Vasconcelos was awesome! She is FAST! This team is exciting. And are REALLY good. So far, they are living up to their potential (with the exception of Nebraska, of course). Next up, Ohio State on Monday. I hope it's on the Big 10 channel.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
BlueK
Senior

Post by BlueK »

SkystheLimit wrote:Awesome match tonight! BYU v SMU, who was the highest scoring team in the nation. I was a little nervous when I heard that, but no sweat. Our high-powered offense and stiff defense (including the "Great Wall of Brigham", Hannah Clark, who was outstanding, with a couple of great saves) shut them out, 4-0, and just really handled them. Goals by Vasconcelos (2), Hunt-Barker and Medeiros. Great play tonight. Man! The last goal by Vasconcelos was awesome! She is FAST! This team is exciting. And are REALLY good. So far, they are living up to their potential (with the exception of Nebraska, of course). Next up, Ohio State on Monday. I hope it's on the Big 10 channel.
The BTN sucks. The only way to get the game is streaming on the BTN website after paying for it. The quality and amount of live sports on there beyond football doesn't come close to matching how much they make the cable and satellite providers pay for it. But that's another subject.

Nebraska was a bad game but it's turning out that they're actually a pretty decent team.

SkystheLimit
BLUEshirt

Post by SkystheLimit »

Another outstanding match tonight against #18 Ohio State. BYU wins on three goals from Vasconcelos, Gomes and Hatch. Gomes finally gets her first goal of the season. Hatch gets her tenth. Hannah Clark had several key saves. Our front three are phenomenal and work incredibly well as a team. The front three also each had an assist. Another win over a good and ranked team.

"I grew up a BYU fan from day one. Everybody that bleeds blue, that’s how you live."
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

WOW! That's two road games against ranked teams and two wins while scoring 6 goals. That's great soccer.

(8.4x
..................ATT