Sellout

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BYUBALLIN
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Sellout

Post by BYUBALLIN »

How is this game not sold out yet crazy. On a side note a friend of my sent me this link to somebody trying to send their dad to this game via Go fund me. Atleast non Utah BYU fans r trying to make it. Lol

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Re: Sellout

Post by BYULV »

I think the progressive ticket prices hurt attendance. BYU is probably making more money selling fewer seats this way, but leaves some seats open and no true sellout. Cheap seats in end zone are $55-$65 bucks and sideline nosebleeds are $75-$85. I bit the bullet and bought 4 seats, but these are not casual fan friendly prices.

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

They ran the usual ticket Tuesday promo offering 10 off tickets. Funny to me people complain about bad home games you get a good and people don't go.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

BYUBALLIN wrote:They ran the usual ticket Tuesday promo offering 10 off tickets. Funny to me people complain about bad home games you get a good and people don't go.

I'm going, but I can see why people don't go. It is cheaper to got to the UCLA game, Michigan game, Missourri game, probably most others than BYU home game. Also, going to those away games is usually cheaper to go through them directly or even a ticket service than through BYU tickets. It should be a little cheaper if you've already forked out money to be cougar club member you would think.

coachK
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by coachK »

BYULV wrote:I think the progressive ticket prices hurt attendance. BYU is probably making more money selling fewer seats this way, but leaves some seats open and no true sellout. Cheap seats in end zone are $55-$65 bucks and sideline nosebleeds are $75-$85. I bit the bullet and bought 4 seats, but these are not casual fan friendly prices.
I guess I'll quit complaining that USU doubles the ticket price for the BYU game and I had to pay $40/ticket for a nosebleed. Oh, what am I saying, the stadium is too small to have nosebleed seats. I just hope USU fields a better offense than the one that put up 3 points on SUU :roll:

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Sideline tix for BYU vs Mizzou at Arrowhead start (start!) at $125 each. That's at the 10 yard line and they get higher the closer you get to the 50. Not sure what LES is charging these days, but man.

MesaCougFan
Freshman

Post by MesaCougFan »

BYULV wrote:
BYUBALLIN wrote:They ran the usual ticket Tuesday promo offering 10 off tickets. Funny to me people complain about bad home games you get a good and people don't go.

I'm going, but I can see why people don't go. It is cheaper to got to the UCLA game, Michigan game, Missourri game, probably most others than BYU home game. Also, going to those away games is usually cheaper to go through them directly or even a ticket service than through BYU tickets. It should be a little cheaper if you've already forked out money to be cougar club member you would think.
Out of the tickets for my "4 for 40" this home game was the cheapest. I could have gotten $50 seats, but I chose to pay $85. I needed one more ticket and was able to find one on the row right behind my $85 seats for $60, go figure. It is expensive to go to a stadium, but it is the experience that you are paying for. I would guess that it is the traffic that is more of a deterrent, than the prices.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:Sideline tix for BYU vs Mizzou at Arrowhead start (start!) at $125 each. That's at the 10 yard line and they get higher the closer you get to the 50. Not sure what LES is charging these days, but man.
We bought sideline, between 20-30 yd line, row 28 for $95, but we bought them a couple of months ago.

Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

Welcome to big time college football. In big time college football, the only cheap tickets typically go to the students.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Cougarfan87 wrote:Welcome to big time college football. In big time college football, the only cheap tickets typically go to the students.
I'm ok with that if they keep a good product on the field.