Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Avatar--3D

Post by BoiseBYU »

So I finally saw the movie. Here's my recap: There's this really beuatiful moon called Fantasia. It is really colorful. It has this floating rock that is highly valued by earthlings but for what who knows....Could be its floating qualities....The earthlings are part of the Kennedy cooper mines outfit and their goal is to get this floating rock...only problem is if the rock floats why do the miners have to dig it out? So anyways, the biggest lode of floating rock that is stuck in the ground is where this REALLY BIG TREE is and where really large and athletic AVATARS live. These guys are like 8 feet tall and can jump like there is no tomorrow. Explains why there are cameo roles for coaches from Duke, NC and Alabama...oh wait that was the blind side my bad. So these NATIVE types have built in USB ports in their hair that allows them to control quasi dragons and certain plants. They really LIKE their tree so they are going to stop Kennedy Copper--or is it Alcoa? But you know us earthlings...here we are 150+ years into the future and we don't take crap from no indigenous popoulation...we have apache like helicopters and something really large that looks like the Titantic and, well, goes down like the Titantic. Our hero can send his mind from his human body to a native body with the snap of connection He is joined by a scientist who is a chain smoker, showing that BIG BAD tobacco is still around and 150+ years of scientific advancement is not enough to stop this genious from picking up the habit...Also AVATAR land apparently does not have any no smoking regulations on the books yet...So here come the earthlings and their weaponry and the natives are arrayed with their spears and bows and arrows....It's a slaughter....until the animals join in the fray and then it's the end and the earthlings are sent back to earth to, no doubt gather a larger armada and come back to put he hurt on the locals....