Opening Game with WSU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Opening Game with WSU

Post by scott715 »

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id ... -practices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Starting Spring practice. Did not get a JC QB, likes the two already there.

http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/3/23/2 ... r-halliday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Offensive line: Four starters will leave, but the Cougars were never a good offensive line in the Paul Wulff era, so it's hard to say how much better they'll be. Washington State's new offense should alleviate some of the pressures on the younger group, but they have a lot to learn about pass protection.

Defense: One gigantic mess. Can you name a Cougar defender?

scott715
TV Analyst

Re: Opening Game with WSU

Post by scott715 »

Another review

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

WSU review

http://network.yardbarker.com/author/ar ... e_football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

in short:

WSU offense is a mystery but with a fantastic coach. Should be a decent offense with a large risk of starting slow in the season

WSU defense is extremely suspect.

BYU offense no longer has training wheels. Proven playmakers at key positions. Should be good.

BYU defense is the best of all four units.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

oh, and I guarantee the cougars will win!

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

This game does not scare me. BYU will win.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
CrimsonCoug
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CrimsonCoug »

It's a great opener. And less than 100 days away!!

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

I feel like a fool for expecting us to destroy these guys because I don't really have a good reason to think we can. But man if we can't beat up on WSU then this might be another sucky season.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

mizzoucoug wrote:I feel like a fool for expecting us to destroy these guys because I don't really have a good reason to think we can. But man if we can't beat up on WSU then this might be another sucky season.
I hear you. The better analysis might be, are the reasons that you have for why byu will destroy WSU more or less valid than the reasons WSU would destroy BYU.

I also agree that if BYU with a SR QB can't beat WSU--at our place--then look for a long season.
Expect a quick strike offense from Leach that is simple and efficient. If we play off their WR-s like BYU usually does they will eat us up bite by bite. Its exactly how i would game plan based on Bronco's predicatable D. If we play bend but don't break, we let them stay in the game. If we break their spirit in the first quarter, we will be off and runninng.

Dear Bronco, harness your inner old Bronco and smash their face!!

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

dmcougar wrote:
mizzoucoug wrote:I feel like a fool for expecting us to destroy these guys because I don't really have a good reason to think we can. But man if we can't beat up on WSU then this might be another sucky season.
I hear you. The better analysis might be, are the reasons that you have for why byu will destroy WSU more or less valid than the reasons WSU would destroy BYU.

I also agree that if BYU with a SR QB can't beat WSU--at our place--then look for a long season.
Expect a quick strike offense from Leach that is simple and efficient. If we play off their WR-s like BYU usually does they will eat us up bite by bite. Its exactly how i would game plan based on Bronco's predicatable D. If we play bend but don't break, we let them stay in the game. If we break their spirit in the first quarter, we will be off and runninng.

Dear Bronco, harness your inner old Bronco and smash their face!!
With two young and inexperienced qbs, bend don't break, may be just what the doctor ordered. it will force them to execute play after play. Bend don't break is basically just a way of trying to force the offense to make a mistake in execution. it will be wsu's first game with new offense and young qbs. t he bend don't break may work just fine.