Coach Wong at Timpview

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Coach Wong at Timpview

Post by scott715 »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/245746775491727/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go and join. It sounds like the school is going to going to fire him.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8655 ... coach.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wong, was suspended without pay on Tuesday after a state audit and subsequent district probe alleged a number of questionable financial transactions. That investigation is ongoing.

The allegations raised by the audit and probe include: charging personal car repairs to the school; failure to run background checks on some assistant coaches; failure to secure pre-authorization for travel; questionable reimbursement for personal expenses, meals and gifts when working for an outside agency; inconsistent and inadequate receipts and records; and soliciting and accepting personal compensation from a clothing company.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Coach Wong at Timpview

Post by Ddawg »

My brother had two kids recently graduate from Timpview (in the last 3 years). He told me he has met and talked to Coach Wong on several occasions.

Hmmmmm ...... my brothers opinion of Coach Wong is not favorable. He has strong opinions about the man and none of them are good.

I have never met the Coach. However, if he stole/misappropriated funds - prosecute him. Integrity is an absolute.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I love Coach Wong and Timpview Football, but part of me is hoping they fire him and BYU hires him as their new offensive line coach.

trueblue72
Sophomore

Post by trueblue72 »

They should fire him and they guy he learned it from Van Orden. Timpview has been dirty for almost 20 years now.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

radius19
BLUEshirt

Post by radius19 »

scott715 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/245746775491727/

Go and join. It sounds like the school is going to going to fire him.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8655 ... coach.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wong, was suspended without pay on Tuesday after a state audit and subsequent district probe alleged a number of questionable financial transactions. That investigation is ongoing.

The allegations raised by the audit and probe include: charging personal car repairs to the school; failure to run background checks on some assistant coaches; failure to secure pre-authorization for travel; questionable reimbursement for personal expenses, meals and gifts when working for an outside agency; inconsistent and inadequate receipts and records; and soliciting and accepting personal compensation from a clothing company.
personal car repairs charged to the school (he paid back, in full shortly after the repairs were completed).
soliciting/accepting compensation from a clothing company = deal with Underarmour that basically equates to merchandise (hoodies, gloves, etc) that were given to the program that were then auctioned off to help fund the football program. He had an account set up to where, basically, he could walk in and get what he wanted for the auctions and walk out without paying for it. He didn't get money from it.
Outside of those two, I don't know anything. I just think it's been blown WAY out of proportion because they have a hugely successful athletic program. If this were going on at Provo High, nobody would care because they have a crappy football program.

And that's when I knew...
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I don't like the way that this is being handled by the community. Let the system do its work and don't tell your kids to back someone who could very well be guilty just because he's a good football coach or because you think he's a nice guy.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

hawkwing wrote:I love Coach Wong and Timpview Football, but part of me is hoping they fire him and BYU hires him as their new offensive line coach.
Now that's interesting. Always a silver lining.

radius19
BLUEshirt

Post by radius19 »

Schmoe wrote:I don't like the way that this is being handled by the community. Let the system do its work and don't tell your kids to back someone who could very well be guilty just because he's a good football coach or because you think he's a nice guy.
I completely agree here, Schmoe. The opposite is true as well. Some in the community have already decided that he is guilty and that he must be because look how good Timpview's program has been for the last decade. This just needs to be worked out before anyone starts picking sides. It's just dumb. He's not the nicest guy in the world (I played there so I have some first hand experience) but he's also not a slimy guy. I don't know enough of what is going on, just think the fire of the whole situation has been fanned by how good the program is.

And that's when I knew...
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

What should also be pointed out is that the man who began this smear campaign against coach Wong, Randy Merrill, was recently fired as superintendent and is now banned from all district property yet the school board refuses to release the reason for any of this action. coach Wong in the meantime has been accused of only minor issues, none of which have been proven.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

I knew coach Wong when he was at Alta in the mid 90's, he was a good person then i cant believe he's changed that much.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image