BYU PR Face-Palm

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
ltpwfdcm
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU PR Face-Palm

Post by ltpwfdcm »

The little host dude needs to get rid of the faux-hawk IMO...with that haircut all that is missing is the multiple popped collars. Great concept to educate the fans and create some good gameday traditions etc...

JamieVallen
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by JamieVallen »

ltpwfdcm wrote:The little host dude needs to get rid of the faux-hawk IMO...with that haircut all that is missing is the multiple popped collars. Great concept to educate the fans and create some good gameday traditions etc...
Haven't been to very many basketball games in the past couple years have you? That guy has been doing fan a student section things sort of like this to hype up fans or something..., at the bball games and he has in fact sported the popped color and I have seen him at one point sport a pink shirt. Byu picked possibly the worst possible guy for this and I was hoping that since we didn't see him as much last year that he was done. He's super lame.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

They have been ripping him non stop on 1280, and I laugh so hard everytime.

Why would we EVER sing "Don't Stop Believing" as a song? Or consider that a good thing to be sung by BYU. Yeah, let's put a song whose lyrics are a plea to not give up as a song we want to sing our cougs. Genious.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Better songs for the Utah Rivalry Game:

"I Hate Everything About You" - (3 days Grace)
"Defy You" - (Offspring)
"Why Don't You Get a Job?" - (Offspring)
"No Brains" - (Sum 41)
"Wake Me Up When September Ends" - (Green Day)
"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" - Green Day
"Another Brick in the - Pac 12 - Wall" - Pink Floyd

I'm sure there are others...

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

NCPUMA
Recruit

Post by NCPUMA »

Yeah Ole Miss did something like this but instead of "don't stop believing" (ugh) they blasted Led Zeppelin's Kashmir riff (but the P-diddy version) as the players came out. They also had some cool videos to pump everyone up. Not a fan of puff daddy but it was pretty awesome sounding in the stadium.. Journey uhhh not so much. Embarrassing.

1967cougar
Junior

Post by 1967cougar »

Why do I feel like I just wasted five minutes of my life?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Ah, yes, the wonderful BYU tradition of singing "don't stop believing." This Utah game will mark first time throughout all the annals of BYU football history that this song is sung. It's one of the best things we do here.

While completely cheesy and the host is a complete buffoon, I do like the fact that BYU is trying to start some stuff. Who knows, 20 years from now, if a few of things catch now, will be quite traditional if they start now.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Isola
Sophomore

Post by Isola »

I don't think this sort of thing works. It only brings mockery.

Instead of making cheezy videos that get your school mocked by [erl=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/e ... index.html]SI's Extra Mustard[/url] they should institute a sort of LES Honor Code.

If you can get booted from the university for not shaving then you should get booted from LES for not wearing blue. It makes sense to me. Or if you can get busted for having girls in your apartment after midnight, then you should lose your seat for not cheering at the right time (not getting loud for opponents' third downs).

Even if you think it is going too far to boot them from the stadium, at least you could force them to swap seats with a true fan stuck in the nose bleeds. That way the lower half of LES would be populated with true fans, and the rest learn the hard way.

JamieVallen
Sophomore

Post by JamieVallen »

I like the kickoff thing and I've always liked the 1st down thing and defy you by the offspring would be awesome but would sadly never happen...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

I'm good with this video.... in theory 1/4 of our student population are freshmen who've never been to a BYU game before. Their first game in L.E.S. COULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME THIS WHOLE YEAR. It makes sense to educate them before the game.

But that goofball guy in the video does have dorky hair...