Best value for coach

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Best value for coach

Post by vancouvercougar »

Just watching ESPN, and they list Bronco as # 1 for value as a head coach. They state a salary of $650,000 (which is a true bargain if you figure dollars per victory).

ABYUFAN
Pro

Re: Best value for coach

Post by ABYUFAN »

They also said that he's lead the Cougars to 4 straight bowl games. I guess the first one didn't cont... :roll:

mormonrasta
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mormonrasta »

vancouvercougar wrote:Just watching ESPN, and they list Bronco as # 1 for value as a head coach. They state a salary of $650,000 (which is a true bargain if you figure dollars per victory).
Bronco needs a raise.

UVACoug
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by UVACoug »

I'm pretty sure that he gets paid more than that now. BYU doesn't disclose salaries, so most of it is just rumor. I heard that he was making around $1,000,000 now.

CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

UVACoug wrote:I'm pretty sure that he gets paid more than that now. BYU doesn't disclose salaries, so most of it is just rumor. I heard that he was making around $1,000,000 now.
My guess is that most of his salary comes from private boosters. He definitely deserves what he gets.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

IMO Bronco has done more with what he has then anyone in the country. I was watching the utah BYU game again last night and the talent difference is astounding (I am able to watch it with an ubiased eye now that I know that BYU is going to win). If you look at BYU's defense, only Jan Jorgenson would see the field if on utah's dline. In the linebackers, only Jordon Pendleton would see the field, NONE of our secondary would see the field on utah's defense. The future, however, is looking good as soon as some of these recruits we are currently getting start playing.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

frdbtr wrote: If you look at BYU's defense, only Jan Jorgenson would see the field if on utah's dline. In the linebackers, only Jordon Pendleton would see the field, NONE of our secondary would see the field on utah's defense.
I think you do Johnson, Rich, Clawson, Logan, and Denney a large disservice.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Part of that salary figure would be the radio shows and stuff like that.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Mars wrote:
frdbtr wrote: If you look at BYU's defense, only Jan Jorgenson would see the field if on utah's dline. In the linebackers, only Jordon Pendleton would see the field, NONE of our secondary would see the field on utah's defense.
I think you do Johnson, Rich, Clawson, Logan, and Denney a large disservice.
Maybe if it weren't the truth. Take a look at thier counterparts on the ute team and ask yourself if those guys have near the size and/or speed of thier counterparts on the ute defense. I don't know the utes by name but utah's corners were in our recievers pockets all game, utah's linebackers were all over the place, utah's safeties were fast and smacking people all game. This years defense flat out does not have the athletic ability of the 2006 or 2007 defenses, especially at the linebacker position. The good news is, BYU has recruited some real speed for our defense for years to come.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

frdbtr wrote: Maybe if it weren't the truth. Take a look at thier counterparts on the ute team and ask yourself if those guys have near the size and/or speed of thier counterparts on the ute defense. I don't know the utes by name but utah's corners were in our recievers pockets all game, utah's linebackers were all over the place, utah's safeties were fast and smacking people all game. This years defense flat out does not have the athletic ability of the 2006 or 2007 defenses, especially at the linebacker position. The good news is, BYU has recruited some real speed for our defense for years to come.
Dline, sure. But BYU's LB core > Utah's LB core.
There isn't a yewt safety who would be better at BYU than Johnson has been the past two seasons when healthy.
And Brian Logan will be one of the very best in his position in the entire league next season. Wrubell thought he was this season as well.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars