CJ Miles.

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

CJ Miles.

Post by BroncoBot »

Jazz pick up CJ's option once again. I like CJ, but I'd like him a lot more if he consistently scored 17 a night. He's been a LONG project that has had mixed results at best.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: CJ Miles.

Post by nuk13 »

I'd love to see them trade him for Lenard from SDSU or make a play for Fredette.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

If Kawhi turns out to be a better player than Burks, I'm going to be pretty upset with the Jazz. I have a feeling that Burks is going to be slightly better version of Morris Almond.

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

You can guarantee that Kawhi will be a better player than Burks. The way you know this is because the San Antonio Spurs traded a player to get him. The Spurs do not miss on their personnel moves. This is the guy they were trying to trade up as high as 10 to get.

The Jazz picked up the option because the 3.7 mil is a bargain by NBA standards, doesn't kill them money wise going into an uncertain future, and he is probably cheaper than someone who will bring his production (however sporadic it may be) in the free agent market.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Great point about CJ being a bargain. But who do the jazz have that is the difference maker in games. D-will shouldered that load for years, but he's gone and CJ was the difference maker in games last year. CJ hitting= Jazz win. CJ missing= loss.

Eh, we'll see what happens.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Qman »

stuckinbig10country wrote:You can guarantee that Kawhi will be a better player than Burks. The way you know this is because the San Antonio Spurs traded a player to get him. The Spurs do not miss on their personnel moves. This is the guy they were trying to trade up as high as 10 to get.

The Jazz picked up the option because the 3.7 mil is a bargain by NBA standards, doesn't kill them money wise going into an uncertain future, and he is probably cheaper than someone who will bring his production (however sporadic it may be) in the free agent market.
Different players kinds of players. They are both good nba athletes but neither is an overwhelming NBA athlete. Burks is a creator/scorer/ driver. He is a little unique in that he has no tendency on drives- he goes left and right equally well.

Leonard has better length, a better motor and more defensive instincts. His offensive game isn't nearly as developed. Leonard makes a really good 3rd or 4th best starter who is focused on D and rebounding.

Burks could be a isolation scorer at the pro level. It depends on what your team needs.

For the record I wanted the Jazz to take Leonard.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
superchargedcougar
BLUEshirt

Post by superchargedcougar »

I would have loved to see the Jazz grab Kawhi Leonard. They need some strong defense and rebounding