BYU Football camp news--June 29

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU Football camp news--June 29

Post by Lawboy »

I posted most of this in the individual player strands in the Recruiting section, but not sure if everyone peeks in there. So thought I would put all info in 1 post.

First, Vince Biegel is at BYU Football Camp this week. At least according to reports from a guy who has a son in camp who claims to be rooming with Vince. Gurney trying to confirm.

Troy Hinds did not camp at BYU last week or this week, but made an unofficial visit yesterday, per Gurney.

Butch Pau'u parents have been assisting the parents of JLD with learning about BYU, and the school culture, per a Talo Steves report. Looking really good we get both commits quite soon. Article is posted for your enjoyment.

http://byu.scout.com/2/1083147.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EM_Puma
Pro

Re: BYU Football camp news--June 29

Post by EM_Puma »

I would imagine if Biegel is there that he'd be in disguise as I'm sure he wouldn't want that published around. I see that Gurney has not confirmed and I kind of think he won't unless Biegel was there and gave him an okay. Brandon is that degree of professional about his job and isn't going to tip much just for the benefit of fans if it can be distasteful to the recruit.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

Vince is on record saying he might do another official recruiting visit to BYU, perhaps the week of the BYU-Utah game, so while I think he is a solid Wisconsin commit, not 100%. Small shot, but a shot. We have to really sell him on the 3-4 as Wisconsin runs a 4-3.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Lawboy wrote:Vince is on record saying he might do another official recruiting visit to BYU, perhaps the week of the BYU-Utah game, so while I think he is a solid Wisconsin commit, not 100%. Small shot, but a shot. We have to really sell him on the 3-4 as Wisconsin runs a 4-3.
Thx Lawdawg - good stuff!! Keeping my fingers crossed - good athletes are always needed.

YBrit
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by YBrit »

Ya, Gurney doesn't want to cause Wisconsin to call Biegel and cry like a jealous girlfriend again. Nobody would do that to a man on purpose.

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH