New Direction for Men/Womens Track

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

New Direction for Men/Womens Track

Post by EM_Puma »

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=15308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, either the author of the article, Jen Rothlisberger from BYU Athletic Communications office, is a major spin doctor or it really sounds like BYU is in a much better situation related to mens and women's track then our days in the MWC.

I don't know much about track to know which it was, but it sounds a lot better on the indoor circuit to be in the MPSF than ever being in the MWC.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: New Direction for Men/Womens Track

Post by BroncoBot »

From what I've read (mostly on here) track is in a much better place. Now they don't have to participate in MWC meets which were probably a joke on the national level.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

So I read this when it came out - good for BYU Track. I don't get why Cal, Stanford, Oregon, UW, WSU, UA, ASU, and UCLA will allow their Track, Volleyball and swim/dive teams to participate in the same conference with BYU but not their football and basketball teams. It's a double standard, but one that doesn't benefit them.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

This morning I wondered what would happen to track and field with the leaving mwc. I thought I'd have to go to basketball or football for the answer. I thank you for answering the question in the proper place. While I'm here, I will say that as much as I like bb fb I like track and field as much. In the 90s my brothers nephews and I went to Boise State for the ncaa t&field meet. It was as exciting a sporting event as I've been to.

Again thanks.

tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

I don't see why conference affiliation matters in track and field. Isn't each athlete personally trying to qualify for nationals? There's no subjective judging. If you run a 10 sec 100m, it doesn't matter who you beat. It's not like you can say, "yeah he seems fast, but he only beat a bunch of non-bcs slowmos."
Last edited by tmoney35 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Good competition can help you give a better performance.