Men's Volleyball No. 2!

For all other sports at BYU. Discuss anything from Soccer to Rugby to Gymnastics to Chess.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Men's Volleyball No. 2!

Post by BoiseBYU »

Congrats to the men's VB team...they swept a tournament in CA and are now ranked number 2. They play at Stanford this weekend

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Men's Volleyball No. 2!

Post by SpiffCoug »

I don't support dirty, repeat violating programs.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

kitic77 wrote:I don't support dirty, repeat violating programs.
So you are saying that you don't support anything sponsored by the government? :whistle:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I don't support dirty, repeat violating programs of an athletic nature sponsored by Brigham Young University.

(8.4x
..................ATT
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

kitic77 wrote:I don't support dirty, repeat violating programs of an athletic nature sponsored by Brigham Young University.
DITTO!!!!

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

I'm glad after the multiple violations with the FB team under Crowton that you are back in the fold and support them! The bad coach was fired; the kids who took the benefits punished. The school has not looked the other way. This is a team to support.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BoiseBYU wrote:
I'm glad after the multiple violations with the FB team under Crowton that you are back in the fold and support them! The bad coach was fired; the kids who took the benefits punished. The school has not looked the other way. This is a team to support.
Please show me the NCAA violations committed by the football program under Crowton. This wasn't the first time players have taken benefits. Sorry, but the program is dirty.

(8.4x
..................ATT
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

kitic77 wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Please show me the NCAA violations committed by the football program under Crowton. This wasn't the first time players have taken benefits. Sorry, but the program is dirty.
In your book, accepting benefits is worse than drunken sex parties? That part of the Crowton era was sordid and it was not one instance. It was a dark time for the school and the program. Yet today we are all fans of the team. Why? The school and Bronco cleaned it up.

The current VB matter was something the school caught internally and reported it to the NCAA, taking action against the players before the NCAA had done anything. It follows last year's firing of a bad coach. Again, it is the school taking the issue on, not covering it up. I am not attempting to excuse the violations; but the fact that the school is addressing it with a new coach and punishing the offenders does not make THE PROGRAM dirty or unworthy of our support any more than the football or any other sports program at BYU.

Look it is pretty clear your mind is made up and so I'll stop at this. But I'll stop with where I started: this group of athletes is deserving of our support just as our football team is worthy of our support. If we disagree, so be it.

IowaCougar
Junior

Post by IowaCougar »

BoiseBYU wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
In your book, accepting benefits is worse than drunken sex parties? That part of the Crowton era was sordid and it was not one instance. It was a dark time for the school and the program. Yet today we are all fans of the team. Why? The school and Bronco cleaned it up.

The current VB matter was something the school caught internally and reported it to the NCAA, taking action against the players before the NCAA had done anything. It follows last year's firing of a bad coach. Again, it is the school taking the issue on, not covering it up. I am not attempting to excuse the violations; but the fact that the school is addressing it with a new coach and punishing the offenders does not make THE PROGRAM dirty or unworthy of our support any more than the football or any other sports program at BYU.

Look it is pretty clear your mind is made up and so I'll stop at this. But I'll stop with where I started: this group of athletes is deserving of our support just as our football team is worthy of our support. If we disagree, so be it.
Hear hear! I love watching the men's Vball squad when I get the chance (BYUTV). It's frustrating that they've had to go through so much, but hopefully they have their house in order now, and we can cheer them on.