Rivalry Bets?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Matty-B
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Rivalry Bets?

Post by Matty-B »

I'm sure many of you know someone that is a Ute fan and have maybe placed some sort of wager on this Saturday's game.

I myself, work at a golf course and play the game about twice a week. My boss is a yewt and we have placed some stakes on the game. The loser has to equip a Golf club head cover (can be any, ie Driver, putter, hybrid...) or towel that sports their rival's logo. The logo has to be easily seen and when asked about it, we are NOT allowed to mention the bet. The item must be equipped for the entirety of next golf season.

PLEASE WIN COUGS!!!

Post your wagers you have made here.

wazzucoug97
Recruit

Re: Rivalry Bets?

Post by wazzucoug97 »

I still owe my boss lunch for '04 and '05.... but I think we mutually wiped the slate clean with '06 and '07..... No bets this year or last.

GO COUGARS!!!
Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

Last year's bet wasn't actually on the game itself, but leading up to the game. Me and my buddy did a weight loss bet at the start of the year for 3 months. If I lost I had to buy him season tickets to the U. If he lost he had to buy us tickets to the BYU-Utah game and I got to dress him in BYU gear. 2 months into the bet we added that if I lost by more than 10 lbs I had to upgrade his season seats to the sideline and if I won by more than 10 lbs I got to paint his face and hair.

Well, I won by over 10 lbs. My friend, the dumbass, didn't buy season tickets and ended up having to spend $300 on bad seats from Stubhub for the game.

The shirt is very large so that it would fit on the outside of a coat. The picture below doesn't show much from the back of the shirt but written on back is:

I'm fat and I lost
Harline's still open
4th and 18
Collie is my hero
Magic Happens
In Bronco we trust
Where's Casteel's Heisman?

I liked the shirt so much that I kept it. I had an extra ticket to the game this year so I offered it to my buddy with the condition that he has to wear the shirt again.
BYU.gif
Moral to the story: Don't make bets like this unless you know you are going to win.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Two bets each of the last five years with two guys. With one guy the loser buys the winner cafe rio. With my boss (a Ute fan) if the Cougars win, I buy him breakfast. If the Utes win, he buys me breakfast. Kind of a win/win. If your team loses, at least you get a breakfast out of it.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Wickchad84087 wrote: Moral to the story: Don't make bets like this unless you know you are going to win.
Looks like he was so mad he punched a wall and broke his hand. :P

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars