Ags bringing it to BSu..until the last 4 minutes of 1st half

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Y&Brit
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Ags bringing it to BSu..until the last 4 minutes of 1st half

Post by Y&Brit »

Aggies could be ahead if they didn't miss a field goal. 14-14 with 6 left in the half

Aggies will win this game if they keep the ball and keep passing like they are.

Just saw a poster: BYU approves an Aggie Upset, as well as an easter bunny in the student sec

I'm keeping this post here, I've thought it has been really funny how much attention they are giving to plea to get boise in the BcS

Here's what they have failed to mention:

1-TCU statistically dominated BSu last year, and has beat their last 5 opponents by 27+, each of which have all been higher quality teams than any of BSu's...worn out and true argument, but the argument that BSu deserves a bid over them is ridiculous, arguing for an at-large is also ridiculous looking at their SOS
2-Oregon is overrated
3-TCU has wins against Clemson--probable to win the ACC/killed Utah, I think utah would beat BSu

4-They are afraid to get rid of the blue turf because lowly wac teams would be able to see the players on the field and tackle them

(negativity fueled by: local programming)
Last edited by Y&Brit on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Ags bringing it to BSu

Post by BroncoBot »

Loving the effort by USU right now.

Although I would love to see BSU go undefeated and be locked out of BCS by another MWC team. 8) :crazy: :evil:

Would just add more fuel to the anti BCS fire.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

2 horrible calls by the refs have given BSU a total of 14 points

1) The QB sneak on 4th down that the replay CLEARLY showed wasn't a first down - but the refs gave them an incredible spot

2) The fumble that the Utah State quarterback clearly recovered (and was down), and then afterwards had it taken from him... but yet the refs, even after reviewing, said BSU recovered

I'm guessing these are WAC refs?

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Italics wrote:2 horrible calls by the refs have given BSU a total of 14 points

1) The QB sneak on 4th down that the replay CLEARLY showed wasn't a first down - but the refs gave them an incredible spot

2) The fumble that the Utah State quarterback clearly recovered (and was down), and then afterwards had it taken from him... but yet the refs, even after reviewing, said BSU recovered

I'm guessing these are WAC refs?
It is a WAC game, so I would assume that yes, they'd use WAC refs. It's funny, with all the flack that the SEC is taking for making big calls for their higher ranked teams to keep them in the title hunt, I noticed the WAC doing this back in 2007 when Hawaii ran away with their games. No wonder they got killed by Georgia.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Mars
Retired

Re: Ags bringing it to BSu..until the last 4 minutes of 1st half

Post by Mars »

Utah State really kept the game close.
Way to go Aggies.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

With the way the game started, I was looking forward to the Aggie fans chanting overrated.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
westidahocougar
Recruit

Post by westidahocougar »

Y&Brit wrote:Here's what they have failed to mention:

1-TCU statistically dominated BSu last year, and has beat their last 5 opponents by 27+, each of which have all been higher quality teams than any of BSu's...worn out and true argument, but the argument that BSu deserves a bid over them is ridiculous, arguing for an at-large is also ridiculous looking at their SOS - True....but if teams were judged on statistics alone, Houstons and Hawaiis and Texas Techs would be the best teams every year...But TCU is great this year, both TCU and BSU deserve to be ranked where they are.
2-Oregon is overrated - They still have a chance to win the PAC-10 which I would argue is the best conference in college football this year.
3-TCU has wins against Clemson--probable to win the ACC/killed Utah, I think utah would beat BSu. - Utah BSU would be a good game....but I think BSU would be favored in Vegas home or away....by more than 7.

4-They are afraid to get rid of the blue turf because lowly wac teams would be able to see the players on the field and tackle them - Lowly WAC teams have beaten lowly MWC teams. Does that mean MWC has lowly teams too? Could it be that both conferences really suck?
Just my two cents. The Utah State game was not even close. BSU could have scored 70. Utah State is looking better though, their QB is shifty.

BSU was penalized far more than the Aggies if you need to blame the refs for BSU being good....

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

westidahocougar wrote:Just my two cents. The Utah State game was not even close. BSU could have scored 70. Utah State is looking better though, their QB is shifty.

BSU was penalized far more than the Aggies if you need to blame the refs for BSU being good....
The entire game was not close, but it was a very close and tight game until about five minutes left in the 2nd quarter when the officials decided that they had had enough of the WAC leader struggling and took the game into their own hands.

Case in point: 4th and 1 and Boise goes for it. The ball is on the right hash. Kellen Moore runs the QB sneak behind the right guard. He gets nowhere. In fact, he hits the line is turned sideways and makes no forward progress. The line judge from the far side, who had no angle because the play happened away from him comes in to mark the ball. Moore never brought the ball up. He kept it by his side the entire carry and the ball was never in view of the marking official.

There is no way that 1) Moore made any forward progress and 2) the official who marked the ball had any view of where the ball acutally was.

Boise should have been stopped on 4th down. Gary Anderson should have challenged the spot.

Did the officials help Boise? You bet they did. Did they win the game for Boise? Nope. Boise is still a much better team than Utah State. Would the outcome have been different? I don't think so, but it could have.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
westidahocougar
Recruit

Post by westidahocougar »

How come the refs are always helping teams we hate but never help us?????

There must be a conspiracy against BYU and the church.... ;)