Week 1 a make or break for MWC?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
fifthqb
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Week 1 a make or break for MWC?

Post by fifthqb »

My point about Utah winning its out of conference games is that they will be ranked higher, so when the Mountain West Teams beat Utah their SOS and ranking will be higher then it would be against a winless Utah. I am fully aware that Utah's wins will not count for the MWC AQ, I just think the conference could still use the tiny boost of beating a 4-8 Utah team rather than an 0-12. Makes sense.

Well can you see the Mountain West getting an AQ going 2-8 on any given week? I just don't think its going to happen. We are going to need strong showings every week. Therefore the OOC schedule this year is very important that we win, and I don't see a bigger week for the conference besides the first one over all. So I believe that week one will ultimately play a large role in our chances to go AQ or not.

The Colorado, Colorado state game could very well be a neutral field, I was just going off the fact that Colorado State is listed as the "home team".

I give us a 10% chance to win either the New Mexico or Oregon games week one.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Week 1 a make or break for MWC?

Post by SpiffCoug »

This week won't be the reason for or against the MWC getting AQ status. I do agree, with the 10% chance to beat Oregon (UNM) or Wisconsin (UNLV). If we could pull off either upset, that would be almost as big as TCU beating Oregon St or Boise beating Virginia Tech.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!