Unga drafted by Chicago Bears

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
MTM
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU is my rival
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Unga drafted by Chicago Bears

Post by MTM »

snoscythe wrote:Harvey went in the 7th because no one really needed another rookie RB in camp this summer. Anyone who did need one addressed that need in April. You're going to pay less for something you need less, regardless of quality.
Maybe but then why did 20 teams come watch his workout? I suspect the consenses amoung scouts was some concern regarding his speed or strength or both.

It's too bad for Harvey because I think he may have been a 3rd or 4th rounder in the regular draft next year. History says any player taken in the Supplemental Draft is a long shot to make an impact in the NFL.

Good luck to him anyway.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

MTM wrote:
snoscythe wrote:Harvey went in the 7th because no one really needed another rookie RB in camp this summer. Anyone who did need one addressed that need in April. You're going to pay less for something you need less, regardless of quality.
Maybe but then why did 20 teams come watch his workout? I suspect the consenses amoung scouts was some concern regarding his speed or strength or both.
The same reason 18 teams showed up to watch the guy the Cowboys took in the 7th round---there's nothing else for scouts to do this time of year.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Short_Change wrote:I wonder what happened with all the 3rd or 4th round predictions from so many people.
A 4.63 forty happened

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
Short_Change wrote:I wonder what happened with all the 3rd or 4th round predictions from so many people.
A 4.63 forty happened
Except those predictions came after his pro-day--after the 40. A few scouts said Harvey was a 3rd-4th round "value" and a bunch of pundits ran with that in making predictions of where he would end up going. There's a big difference between saying what someone's value is and guessing where they will go given teams' needs. The scouts were talking about one thing (Harvey is a 3rd or 4th round talent), but the pundits read it as something else.

The 40 time wasn't unexpected, and it didn't hurt him. Daniel Thomas, a 3rd-4th round RB prospect for the next draft out of KState ran a 4.63, yet he's still a top 5 at his position. The #1 RB for next year, Evan Royster, has his fastest time at 4.53. While not an elite time, Harvey's time didn't hurt him given his style and build.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Good article about Harvey's thoughts on The Bears and his Wedding: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football ... 16.article

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

snoscythe wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
A 4.63 forty happened
Except those predictions came after his pro-day--after the 40. A few scouts said Harvey was a 3rd-4th round "value" and a bunch of pundits ran with that in making predictions of where he would end up going. There's a big difference between saying what someone's value is and guessing where they will go given teams' needs. The scouts were talking about one thing (Harvey is a 3rd or 4th round talent), but the pundits read it as something else.

The 40 time wasn't unexpected, and it didn't hurt him. Daniel Thomas, a 3rd-4th round RB prospect for the next draft out of KState ran a 4.63, yet he's still a top 5 at his position. The #1 RB for next year, Evan Royster, has his fastest time at 4.53. While not an elite time, Harvey's time didn't hurt him given his style and build.
You're exactly right. Harvey is great, and I love all that he has done for us and wish him the best. A 4.63 forty at running back doesn't exactly make teams reach for you. I think Chicago is a great spot for him to break the roster, and get some game time, if just on special teams. I mean, he doesn't have a stable of thoroughbreds to break through. Go Harvey

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: