2010: Another great year upon us.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 2010: Another great year upon us.

Post by scott715 »

Even the refs should want to beat Utah this year.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Mars wrote:
Italics wrote: does this make anyone else sort of question Clawson's love/passion for football? And I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing... I'm just thinking: if I were a college football player and I had a good shot at making millions in the NFL, I'm fairly certain the last thing on my mind would be selling security systems so I could continue to pursue an education... UNLESS, of course, I didn't really enjoy football that much.
Open mouth, insert foot.

" The plan is come back to BYU later this year, work with the Cougars' strength staff in the fall and eventually get his master's in exercise physiology. There is no guilt over Bradford's injury, just a nagging ache deep in his competitive psyche. It hurts not to be able to hit someone anymore forever. There was an option to play professionally -- agents were calling -- but Clawson didn't follow up. His wife, Breanna, and young daughter Chesni need him healthy. Other athletes have played with diabetes. It requires discipline, a quality not unknown to football players. As an athlete, Clawson had to check his blood sugar levels eight times a day and inject himself with insulin before every meal. "It got hard sometimes," he said, "because I was always trying to put on weight. How much insulin you take is a little unpredictable." The concussions were just as unpredictable. Clawson estimates he has suffered a few of them. He would come to the sidelines disoriented or, even worse, be on the field in a fog. Trainers would hold him out of practice. The good: "I never lost my memory or anything." The bad: In half his games in 2008, Clawson said he was "dizzy for an entire series." "
Ah, Mars, what would I do without you there to tell me every time you think I am wrong?

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Italics wrote: Ah, Mars, what would I do without you there to tell me every time you think I am wrong?
Feel better about all the many times you're completely wrong. :lol:

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Mars wrote:
Italics wrote: Ah, Mars, what would I do without you there to tell me every time you think I am wrong?
Feel better about all the many times you're completely wrong. :lol:
That's it, I'm setting a fire at 2AM tonight just so you have to get out of bed

(pretend I don't live hundreds of miles from you)

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Italics wrote: That's it, I'm setting a fire at 2AM tonight just so you have to get out of bed (pretend I don't live hundreds of miles from you)
Job security! I thank you.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars